|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||9/17/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/1/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $56,253.00 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. Our mission is to protect and promote health, to prevent disease and injury, and to cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can be healthy.
OSDH is seeking a full time Registered Nurse III providing support to Logan County Health Department. This is an unclassified position, #34000599 in state government. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $56,253.00 based on education and experience.
The main purposes of this position are: Provide direct preventative clinical services, assessing the health status of individuals, families, and populations, and providing nurse case management and health education as necessary.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Assesses health status of individuals, families, and communities; develops plans and implements appropriate nursing interventions.
• Evaluates and determines health resources necessary to meet individual, family and community health needs.
• Delivers professional nursing care in an assigned unit, clinic, home, or other setting.
• Educates individuals, families, communities, and members of the health care team about the principles of disease prevention and health promotion.
• Provides supervision to other professional or paraprofessional personnel; collaborates with other professionals in the management of health care.
• Delegates tasks as may safely be performed by others, consistent with educational preparation and that do not conflict with the provisions of the Oklahoma Nursing Practice Act.
• Assures quality health care through use of various measures such as record review, peer review, direct observation, and assessment of individual, family, and community for the desired outcome.
• Performs specialized nursing functions as educationally prepared.
• Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
• Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Requirements consist of possession of a valid Oklahoma license as a registered nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing or, Registered Nurse License recognized by the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) and two years of professional nursing experience; OR, a Bachelor's in Nursing and possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma license as a Registered Nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing or, Registered Nurse License recognized by the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) and two years professional nursing experience.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Combination of office and exam offices. May be exposed to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, toxic substances, and medicinal preparations. Varied activities including sitting, walking, stooping, lifting, bending, pushing, and reaching.
Position requires job related travel.
REQUIREMENTS: No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.