|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||9/16/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/30/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $49,417.00 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. Our mission is to protect and promote health, to prevent disease and injury, and to cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can be healthy.
OSDH is seeking a full time ROVER Filed Services Representative providing support to Vital Records. This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City, OK. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $49,417.00 based on education and experience.
Field Services Representative for Registering OK Vital Event Records (ROVER). ROVER is a program used to create and electronically register all birth and death records for the State of Oklahoma. This position is located in the Vital Records program for the Oklahoma State Department of Health. The Vital Records division collects, maintains and issues Birth and Death Certificates
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Set appointments with data partners
• Conduct professional state-wide trainings to all Oklahoma Funeral Homes, Hospital Medical Records, Physicians and their staff
• Schedule a training session to happen within 2 weeks of notification.
• Develop and write all training curriculum
• Develop training materials, user manuals and job aids used by the Vital Records industry.
• Perform administrative computer work ups for each system user
• Prepare presentations using Microsoft Office applications and Camtasia video production software or the equivalent
• Update tracking lists and spreadsheets using applications within the Microsoft Office 365 product suite
• Compose field reports using applications within the Microsoft Office 365 product suite
• Create and maintain extensive distribution lists and other databases
• Strong use of web browsers and the ability to navigate through file menus to set up computers to work with our website
• Test new product builds by following set regression steps to identify problems and changes inside a website interface
• Knowledge of Microsoft SQL or a comparable database structure preferred
• Navigate among diverse sets of professional organizations, community contacts and individuals such as Physicians, Funeral Home Directors, University Administrators and Faculty and Hospital Administrators in order to establish and maintain productive relationships, promote proper usage of the ROVER program and to ensure accurate reporting of statistical data
• Attend conferences when appropriate to reach a broad number of possible users
• Utilize tracking mechanisms to monitor progress and assess user success/failure ratio
• Be a contact in CHS for issues in the Vital Records industry. Must be knowledgeable with all current aspects of the Vital Records Electronic Birth and Death Reporting System. Advise partners within the Vital Records industry on applicable Oklahoma Laws and Statutes. Assist other staff with ROVER Help Line calls and emails to help maintain a customer response time of 4 business hours or less.
Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience
A Bachelor’s Degree plus 1 year of experience in presentation development and deliver.y
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
*Presentation/Training Experience to include development of presentations, training curriculum, training materials and user manuals
*Customer Service experience
*Power Point, Excel, Microsoft Word, Adobe, Microsoft Outlook, web browsers
*Effective written and verbal communication skills, technical writing
*Training Video Production, preferred but not required
*Knowledge of Microsoft SQL, preferred but not required
This position is set in an office environment. While performing the duties of the job, employees are frequently required to stand, walk, lift, and reach.
Office Environment; Computer Based.
REQUIREMENTS: No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.