The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a trusted, credible partner that empowers employees to provide valued business expertise allowing customers to focus on their missions across state government. OMES provides financial, property, purchasing, human resources and information technology services to all state agencies, and assists the Governor’s Office on budgetary policy matters.
Our mission is supporting our partners through unified business services. The OMES mission requires a highly-qualified workforce committed to making government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving that mission takes team-oriented, solutions-driven professionals who understand the importance of partnering to achieve success.
OMES is seeking a full time Senior Web Developer. This is an unclassified position in state government that provides support to the State Department of Education (OSDE), located in Oklahoma City. OMES offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here].The annual salary for this position is based on education and experience.
The Senior Web Developer will be tasked with supporting the State Department of Education’s efforts towards building new and innovative online properties by designing and building clean and engaging designs with a focus on developing user-friendly web pages, improving site search functionality, creating customizable templates and overall site organization. This individual will have a strong sense of modern design trends, patterns, and responsive web design experience. The candidate should possess a willingness to learn and apply new technologies and methodologies, adapt quickly to changing priorities, work well in a diverse team environment and have a passion for improving user experience on the web.
• Develops new functionality and makes improvements that will favorably impact site speed, usability and organic rankings using current Drupal frameworks
• Implements ongoing best practices training with OMES Drupal editors and regularly monitors site pages for broken links, outdated graphics and forms, etc.
• Tracks and reports website metrics as determined by leadership
• Maintains performance of dynamic, data-intensive web sites and monitors sites for errors
• Designs responsive user interfaces based on requirements and user feedback
• Safely and reliably deploys changes to the production server(s)
• Creates documentation and related assets about programs, development and architecture
• Provides training and support to internal clients with access to the site CMS
• Conducts usability testing of websites, tools and applications
• Manages cross-browser compliancy
• Works directly with project managers, OSDE’s Office of Communications and other internal stakeholders to explore option of a site rebuild and/or rebrand
• Ensures that tools, both internal and external, are Section 508 compliant and meet basic accessibility requirements
• Other duties as assigned
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position works in a comfortable office setting with a computer and telephone for a large percentage of the work day. This position requires long periods, up to eight hours per day, of sitting and working at a desk. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild. Occasional travel may be required.
Requirements include a bachelor’s degree in human-computer interaction (HCI), web design, or graphic design and at least five years of experience in web design/development, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of experience in information technology for each year of the required education.
Preference May be Given to Candidates with:
• Experience with Drupal and WordPress
• Experience with GIT, VSTS
• Knowledge of search engine algorithms and ability to optimize site structure for organic rankings
• Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills as well as ability to handle work-related stress, manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical co-workers