|Department||Water Resources Board|
|Date Opened||9/10/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/26/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma Water Resources Board (OWRB) is seeking to fill a GIS Specialist II (B25B) position. This person will create maps, perform geospatial analyses, develop and maintain data sets, manage the GIS aspect of various agency projects and support GIS users from all OWRB divisions. The successful candidate will have experience using Esri ArcGIS version 10.x software for environmental, especially water-related, applications. Experience with geodatabase management, GPS collection and processing, Python scripting, ModelBuilder and ArcGIS Online is helpful. Strong communication, organization and interpersonal skills are required.
Specific Location of Work:
Oklahoma Water Resources Board
3800 North Classen Boulevard
Oklahoma City, OK 73118
Description of Work Duties:
The functions performed within this job family will vary by level and organization, but may include the following:
• Analyzes spatial and attribute data using GIS software, displays data through the use of maps, reports, charts and tables using plotters and printers.
• Creates, maintains and updates databases using GIS, computer aided drafting, and other software; develops and maintains links between various databases.
• Manages multi-faceted GIS projects both independently and as a member of team(s).
• Customizes application software to provide GIS capabilities to agency personnel through easy to use, Windows-based interfaces to maximize their productivity.
• Conducts mapping research in the field and in the office to resolve conflicting information and ensure the accuracy of the data; verifies map information and makes changes as deemed appropriate according to needs of the project.
• Prepares technical presentations using the GIS interface and using graphics software to view and present images.
• Provides technical support and assists in training others in fundamentals of GIS and related subjects and skills.
• Regularly advise manager on status of projects and progress toward meeting all deadlines.
For additional information on job duties please contact Tracy Scopel at (405) 530-8800 Tracy.Scopel@owrb.ok.gov
OWRB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Positions in this family are responsible for managing and analyzing geographical information, and for developing and maintaining the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) databases. These individuals will be responsible for understanding program needs and responding accordingly.
The Geographic Information Systems Specialist job family has three levels that are distinguished by the complexity and sophistication of work performed, the level of expertise required to perform the duties assigned, the degree of independence expected of the employee and the responsibility for providing leadership to others.
This is the career level of this job family where employees are assigned responsibilities at the full performance level and perform tasks under general supervision.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of a bachelor’s degree in geographic information systems (GIS), geography, geology, cartography, natural resources, computer science, engineering, environmental science or a closely related field plus one additional year of professional level experience in GIS work or a master’s degree in the above listed areas; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of technical experience in GIS systems work for each year of the required education.
Scores based on: 100% Evaluation of Education and Experience listed on a supplemental questionnaire.
***NOTE: Names of eligible applicants can be made available to State agencies upon their request, immediately following the closing date and time.