The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a trusted, credible partner that empowers employees to provide valued business expertise allowing customers to focus on their missions across state government. OMES provides financial, property, purchasing, human resources and information technology services to all state agencies, and assists the Governor’s Office on budgetary policy matters.
Our mission is supporting our partners through unified business services. The OMES mission requires a highly-qualified workforce committed to making government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving that mission takes team-oriented, solutions-driven professionals who understand the importance of partnering to achieve success.
OMES is seeking a full time Application Developer. This is an unclassified position in state government that provides support to the State Department of Education located in Oklahoma City. OMES offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here].The annual salary for this position is based on education and experience.
This position is responsible for planning and development of automated applications systems to support the business needs of the organization. This includes review and analysis of user functions and activities, evaluation of available resources and current systems, and the development and testing of appropriate programs or systems. This position works with users, management and others to identify and define long- and short-range information systems requirements.
• Review and analyze organization’s business needs, confer with users to evaluate requirements, discuss solutions, and develop plans of approach, including project completion time estimates
• Perform all aspects of systems design, including writing required programs, testing time evaluation of new processes, and implementation of new applications
• Conduct or coordinate user acceptance, performance stress, regression and integration testing, and make changes and corrections as needed
• Develop process/system design alternatives for major portions of systems under analysis
• Design output formats and user formats as dictated by user specification and established procedure to ensure ease of use and functionality
• Identify problems and develop appropriate solutions
• Evaluate interrelationships in immediate programming area to determine how changes in one program will affect other applications
• Produce deliverables related to the assigned projects, perform analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of systems and procedures to solve complex business problems
• Prepare program documentation to support new or enhanced systems and applications
• Participate in structured walk-throughs and other activities to review systems, and provide training and support
• Perform ongoing maintenance and review of applications systems and programs
• Study feasibility of proposed software applications or system modifications by identifying potential requirements and system restrictions to guide project development
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position works in a comfortable office setting with a computer for a large percentage of the work day. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild. Occasional travel may be required.
Requirements include a bachelor’s degree in computer science or management information systems from an accredited college or university; a vocational or technical education course resulting in certification in computer applications equivalent to a bachelor’s degree; five years of computer applications experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
• Experience with ISS, Azure
• Working knowledge of SQL or T-SQL