|Date Opened||8/30/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/26/2019 11:26:00 AM|
|Full or Part Time||
Email resumes to:
This position is opened until filled.
The Oklahoma Insurance Department has an opening in the Financial Division for an Examiner I. The starting salary for this position is $39,000, with adjustments available for prior experience. This position is open until filled.
Under the supervision of the Chief Financial Examiner, participate in the examination process and ensure continual Departmental compliance with all applicable Oklahoma Statutes, specifically Title 36 O.S. § 309.1 through 309.7. Provide budgetary oversight of contractors by maintaining record of all ongoing examination invoices and monitoring budgeted progress.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Collect and organize all data for funeral home and cemetery examination schedule prior to examination. Communicate this information accordingly with staff prior to the commencement of examinations
• Maintain schedule of past, current, and future examinations
• Generate notice of examination for funeral homes
• Develop, send, and receive the preliminary information request sent to funeral homes and cemeteries prior to the commencement of an examination. Review the information upon receipt and verify it is complete. Once document request is complete, scan and provide it to the examination firm
• Prepare and send examination orders to firm
• Develop electronic examination work paper libraries and files
• Work directly with examiners to answer questions and provide information relating to funeral home and cemetery exams as needed
• Verify that total ongoing billings are in compliance with approved budgets and ensure that any significant budget variances have been reported or pre-approved
• Track and report the timely submission of status reports submitted by contract examiners
• Share information with appropriate Department staff during the course of an examination
• Review draft examination reports and make recommendations for revisions and recommendations for disciplinary action
• Initiate and monitor internal review process of completed financial examination draft reports
• Communicate any identified concerns generated as a result of internal review of financial examination reports
• Provide final version of examination report to the funeral home/cemeteries along with a 20-day letter as defined by Oklahoma Statute Title 36 O.S. §309.4
• Refer finalized exam reports to Legal for adoption and track ongoing examination adoption
• Manage all incoming and outgoing funeral home/cemetery financial examination correspondence
• Work closely with Legal Division and other staff to track the resolution of all on-going regulatory concerns identified through the course of an examination. Coordinate with Legal to ensure that entities comply with Adoption Order
• Annually collect, file and maintain the examiner contract as well as the annual reports from each contracted examination firm
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Qualified applicants will possess the following skills and abilities: Strong organizational and time management skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook, the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, effective communication skills, the ability to establish and maintain effective filing systems and strong proficiency for spelling and grammar.
Employees of the Oklahoma Insurance Department cannot have an immediate relative who is financially interested, directly or indirectly, in any insurer, agency or insurance transaction (except as a policyholder or claimant). Nor Upon hire, any applicant who is licensed as a producer/agent, adjuster or is otherwise affiliated with any entity that is regulated by the department must surrender their license and terminate any financial or non-financial affiliation with the entity that is regulated by the department. The selected applicant must pass a background check. Individual may be required to pursue NAIC designations as job duties require.
Employees of the Oklahoma Insurance Department are unclassified employees of the state. For benefits offered by the State of Oklahoma to employees of the state, please use this link to access the Office of Human Capital Management benefits page at https://omes.ok.gov/services/employee-benefits
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.