|Department||Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services|
|Date Opened||8/29/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/30/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$54,840.00 annually plus shift differentials.|
|Full or Part Time||
Please send resume with cover letter referencing job title & 2020-11 GMH to:
This position is located at Griffin Memorial Hospital in Norman, Oklahoma.
The Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (ODMHSAS) is responsible for providing services to Oklahomans who are affected by mental illness and substance abuse. ODMHSAS strives to provide persistent, incremental improvements in the quality and effectiveness of treatment which results in better recovery for more Oklahomans. Our state-operated facilities are commissioned to provide services that promote consumer empowerment, wellness, recovery, and integration in the community.
Griffin Memorial Hospital (GMH) is located in Norman, Oklahoma, and serves all 77 counties in Oklahoma as the Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (ODMHSAS) treatment center for adults. GMH provides community crisis stabilization and residential treatment for substance abuse and co-occurring mental health and trauma related conditions.
Griffin Memorial Hospital is committed to creating a nonviolent and trauma-informed culture through the seven (7) Sanctuary Commitments. Those Commitments are - Non-Violence, Emotional Intelligence, Social Learning, Shared Governance, Open Communication, Social Responsibility, and Commitment to Growth and Change.
Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request. EOE
Full-time (8 hour shifts) Evenings and nights
$54,840.00 annually/ $25.98 hourly plus $1.94 shift differentials when working evenings, $2.01 for overnights and $2.50 for holidays.
• Provides nursing assessments, planning, interventions, evaluations, health related education, case management, and execution of the medical regime including administering medications and treatments prescribed by any person authorized to prescribe by state law will also be required.
• Knowledgeable of a wide range of disorders; cognitive, emotional, developmental, social and behavioral.
• Compiles infectious disease data and is available to report to governing bodies upon request.
• Bachelor’s in Nursing and possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma license as a registered nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing and one year of professional nursing experience; OR Associate in Nursing and two years of professional nursing experience; OR Associate in Nursing and three years of LPN experience in psychiatric nursing.
• Possesses a strong commitment to patient well-being and safety and believes that recovery is possible!
• Generous benefit allowance to off-set insurance costs
• Flexible Spending Account
• 11 Paid Holidays
• 15 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave the first year
• Retirement Savings Plan with a generous company match
• Employee Assistance Program
• Longevity Bonus for years of service
Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.