Lake Murray Lodge and Lake Murray State Park - Ardmore, OK
|Department||Tourism and Recreation Department|
|Date Opened||8/26/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/2/2020 11:10:00 AM|
|Full or Part Time||
HOW TO APPLY: TO BE CONSIDERED: Lake Murray Lodge and Lake Murray State Park in Ardmore, OK has the following temporary positions available: Waitperson I Kitchen Helper I Maintenance Maid I (2 positions) Night Audit
Submit a Resume and Cover Letter during the announcement period listed above to:
ATTN: HR Recruiter
900 N Stiles Ave, Ste. 200
Oklahoma City, OK 73104-3234
**Review of documents will begin immediately**
Location: Lake Murray Lodge and Lake Murray State Park - Ardmore, OK.
• Any individual may apply for an unclassified posting.
• OTRD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
• Takes orders, serves and bills customers for food and beverages.
• Makes sandwiches, salads, coffee, toast and other easily prepared items.
• Cleans coffee urns, water fountains and refrigerators, polishes silver and other simple manual tasks incident to food service.
• Ability to follow simple oral and written instructions; ability to remember the proper amount to be charged for each item and to add these amounts correctly.
• Ability to withstand the physical strain of working long hours while standing.
• Neat appearance and a courteous manner.
• High school graduate or six months experience as a food service worker or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Prepares simple foods, cleans and preps foods for line cooks, cleans work areas, helps in washing of pots and pans, sweeps and mops kitchen or dining areas, puts up supplies in appropriate places, and does other duties as required by cooking staff
• Some knowledge of basic food preparation techniques, follow simple oral and written instructions, carry out routine tasks, and have three months experience in a food service establishment
• Sweeps, mops, dusts, polishes, and waxes and otherwise cleans specifically assigned rooms, corridors, stair and facades.
• Keeps ice water coolers, sand boxes, fish bowls, stoves, refrigerators and similar furnishings in clean, usable condition.
• Does occasional minor repair work on furnishings, such as tightening loose screws.
• Assists in shifting about of furnishings.
• Cares for equipment such as mops, brooms and dust clothes.
• Operates a vacuum cleaner or waxer at intervals.
• Ability to work long hours while standing. Ability to follow simple oral instructions. Good physical condition.
• Three (3) Months of experience in custodial work.
• Maintains and repairs various types of buildings, sheds, scaffolds, forms, frames, fences and other structures; alters, repairs and maintains doors, floors, partitions; stairways, windows, screens and miscellaneous wooden fixtures; fits and glazes glass in windows and doors; maintains and repairs various types of roofs.
• Installs, maintains and repairs valves, faucets, traps, sinks, wash bowls, water, sewage, gas, air and steams lines, bends, cuts, reams and threads pipe using stocks and dies, power threaders and power saws; cleans and maintains various hand and power tools; installs, maintains and repairs wiring, power appliances, light fixtures, receptacles and switches; replaces light bulbs; utilizes standard and specialized electrical test apparatus such as voltammeters, ammeters and ohmmeters.
• Constructs and maintains concrete and other foundations for buildings, machinery and equipment; mixes mortar and lays common brick, face brick, cinder block, concrete block and stone; constructs forms and mixes and finishes concrete.
• Prepares new and old surfaces for finishing by use of sandpaper, burners, scrapers, brushers and sanding machines; putties, plasters, caulks or otherwise fills and repairs cracks and holes; applies finish by brush roller or spray gun.
• Operates trucks and other motorized vehicles in performance of assigned duties; performs minor maintenance on motorized vehicles.
• Cleans and maintains tools, equipment and facility.
• Knowledge of the tools, equipment, materials and methods utilized in the building trades; and of the hazards and safety precautions of the building trades.
• Skill in following oral and written instructions and in performing building maintenance and repair.
• Two (2) years of experience in one or more of the building trades; OR and equivalent combination of education/training and experience in the building trades.
• In order to operate state-owned vehicles in the performance of regularly assigned duties; successful applicant must possess a valid Oklahoma driver’s license at the time of appointment.
• Sweeps, dusts, mops, scrubs, washes, vacuums, waxes, and polishes building floors, walls, woodwork, windows, furniture, equipment, and hardware.
• Cleans and sanitizes laboratories, washrooms, and bedrooms, keeps washrooms supplied with paper, towels, and soap.
• Collects and disposes of trash and garbage; moves equipment and furniture such as beds, tables, and chairs.
• Performs sanitary inspections in designated areas for purposes of infection control.
• Replaces and removes medically contaminated sharps and/or medically soiled and contaminated dressings and supplies.
• Observes and reports safety violations; actively participates in emergency situations.
• Maintains necessary records; prepares required reports.
• Ability is required to follow oral and written instructions.
• Performs all duties of Desk Clerk during assigned shift.
• Posts room and tax to all guest folios.
• Balances all guest ledger accounts and reconciles to current days postings.
• Runs trial balance and reconciles any out-of-balance condition. Should an out-of-balance condition remain unreconciled, brings it to the attention of the Manager.
• Prepares daily and monthly reports as directed by management.
• Prepares front desk for new business day.
• Knowledge of general accounting principles; computer skills; public relations skills. Must be able to work nights and weekends.
• High school graduate and one (1) year of experience at a hotel/motel front desk. OR An equivalent combination of education and experience.
TO BE CONSIDERED:
Lake Murray Lodge and Lake Murray State Park in Ardmore, OK has the following temporary positions available:
Kitchen Helper I
Maid I (2 positions)
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.