Program Services/North Fork, Sayre
|Department||Department of Corrections|
|Date Opened||8/5/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/16/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Program Services/North Fork Correctional Center
Salary: $2,838.97 monthly
This is an unclassified position; selections will be made without the use of an interview committee per OP-110235 V.A.
Oklahoma Department of Corrections
Unclassified Job Descriptor
Positions in this job are assigned responsibilities involving professional level work in managing, coordinating or directing a major phase of a comprehensive or specialized operating program, providing staff services in various management areas, direction of a major operating division, program, unit, or functional area, or similar responsibilities.
• Plans, organizes and/or directs a component of an institutional program to accomplish a basic goal or mission of the agency.
• Provides direct delivery of program services to inmates ensuring continuity of these services within an institutional based program.
• Prepares administrative, statistical and/or fiscal documents pertaining to departmental activity.
• Provides supervision or direction to assigned staff in planning, promoting, and implementing programs in accordance with agency policies and goals.
• Advises on future resource requirements, priorities for programs and activities; estimates timetables for accomplishing assigned activities; develops policies, rules, and regulations consistent with state and federal laws pertaining to the administration of programs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of the methods of organization and management; of public administration; of agency policies and procedures; of grant or contract program requirements; of the legislative process; of basic research and statistical techniques; and, of federal and state laws and regulations relating to administration of assigned programs. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; to establish and develop training programs; to exercise good judgment in analyzing situations and making decisions; and, to organize and present facts and opinions.
Education and Experience:
Statutorily Required: N/A
Bachelor's degree and one year of professional or technical administrative* experience in business, public administration, or related field; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of qualifying experience for each year of the required education.
*Technical administrative experience would include highly complex clerical work gained under the direct supervision of a professional supervisor or manager.
Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, sociology, counseling, or closely related field and one year of experience with cognitive behavioral modification programs or correctional treatment programs.
Job Code: 0600 DOC Pay Grade: 10 Statutory Reference: 74 O.S. § 840-5.5 or 5.11 Effective Date: 01/10/2019
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.