|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||4/17/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/17/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $51,732.50 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. Our mission is to protect and promote health, to prevent disease and injury, and to cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can be healthy.
OSDH is seeking a full time Physical Therapist providing support to the Canadian County Health Departments. This is an unclassified position (PIN#34000085) in state government, located in Yukon. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Packet, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up $51,732.50 based on education and experience.
This position will be responsible for professional level work in planning, evaluating and implementing physical therapy treatment programs and activities for individuals and groups.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Plans, conducts, and evaluates physical therapy treatment/intervention programs and activities.
• Interprets physician referrals and determines appropriate evaluation procedures.
• Makes recommendations concerning standardized treatments or intervention based on medical indications.
• Completes patient assessments related to various physical skills and functional abilities, including neuro-muscular, coordination and control, balance and ambulation.
• Interprets results and proposes a treatment/intervention plan in conjunction with other team members, including short and long range goals, frequency and duration.
• Provides treatment/intervention according to the prescribed plan, including task oriented activities, neuro-motor activities, and patient/family counseling and activities.
• Participates in the assessment, design and fabrication of adaptive equipment and orthotic devices.
• Evaluates patient response to treatment/ intervention and makes recommendations on changes in treatment as required.
• Maintains records concerning treatment/intervention provided, including both subjective and objective data.
• Maintains records on each patient.
• Participates in a multidisciplinary team to assist in developing intervention strategies to meet the client's needs.
• May provide limited supervision and training to therapy assistants and aides in the care and treatment of patients and the proper completion of standardized procedures.
Education and Experience
Requirements consist of a current Oklahoma license as a Physical Therapist issued by the Oklahoma Board of Medical Licensure and Supervision and one year of professional experience as a licensed Physical Therapist; or an advanced level Master’s Degree or Doctorate in pediatric rehabilitative services, pediatric occupational therapy, special education, or a closely related field may be substituted for the required experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Requirements include knowledge of the principles, practices, and ethics of professional physical therapy; of therapeutic techniques and their application to physical therapy; of standardized treatments prescribed for various conditions; of the procedures to evaluate various skills and abilities; and of the supplies, materials and equipment used in conducting physical therapy programs.
Ability is required to use therapeutic equipment and materials; to evaluate various skills and abilities; to administer prescribed treatments or conduct planned activities; to interpret medical referrals; to establish effective working relationships with others; to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing; to exercise initiative and independent judgment; and to mentor physical therapy students during field work experience.
Lift/Carry: Frequently and Constantly lift and/or carry equipment and children 10lbs-100lbs; Constantly stand, walk, sit, listen, grasp, reach outward, reach over shoulder, speak, climb, crawl, squat, kneel, and bend.
General office setting in a County or State Health Department building. Field work will frequently include visiting inside clients’ homes, including single story and multiple story residents.
Travel will be required within assigned areas of the state. Some overnight travel may be required.
REQUIREMENTS: No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|