|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||2/22/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||Up to $70,000 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens.The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
OSDH is seeking a full time Data Quality Assurance Coordinator providing support to Center for Health Statistics. This is an unclassified position (PIN#34001302) in state government, located in Oklahoma City. SDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $70,000 based on education and experience. Position Description: Preferred Qualifications: Duties include, but are not limited to: • Consult with partners in the coordination of grant writing and preparation of grant related reports Education and Experience Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position is responsible for planning, developing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating quality improvement and quality assurance activities of Vital Statistics. In order to achieve this, the incumbent will be required to consult with data providers including Health Care Facilities, Physicians, State Medical Examiner’s Office, and Funeral Directors; federal and state partners; as well as other OSDH programs that rely on the information collected. Additionally, they will oversee the file management of Vital Records’ (including induced termination of pregnancy) data. This includes data processing and editing, finalization, file creation and submission to other OSDH programs, state and federal agencies.
SQL Coding Experience, strong SAS Macro coding knowledge/experience. Two years combined experience analyzing or doing data quality assurance for a medical or public health registry system.
• Oversee file management of Vital Records’ data related to federal contracts and Oklahoma mandated state partners. Assuring submission and data quality requirements are met or exceeded related to the Vital Records Cooperative Project contract with NCHS. This includes tasks such as:
o Developing data exports/reports
o Creating statistical reports
o Working with IT to address data inconsistencies, problem, bugs, errors within the Vital Records data or system (ROVER, VRScan, Imaging Repository)
o Writing queries to identify data gaps
o Creating Quality Assurance reports for data providers
o EVVE and STEVE management
o Provide recommendations to update policy, administrative code and law as appropriate.
o Serve as technical advisor to VR staff
• Assist other CHS data collection program managers with the development and implementation of quality assurance processes and programs, including Discharge, OCCR and Immunization data.
• Consult with Federal and State partners (Health Care Facilities, Physicians, State Medical Examiner’s Office, Funeral Directors, etc) on the improvement of the Vital Records systems. Including HIE activities related to Vital Records.
• Consult and assist OSDH/VR staff in the system re-engineering, data cleaning, data archiving, record issuance projects
• Serve on various committees, councils and workgroups
• Represent the Department in meetings with other agencies
• Participate/Represent the Oklahoma State Department of Health on National Organizations related to Vital Records, Hospital Data, HIE activities, etc.
Master’s degree in Public health (Biostatistics/Epidemiology), analytics, informatics, or related Master’s level degree. At least two years of experience as a statistician, biostatistician, or epidemiologist. Proficiency coding in SAS.
Knowledge of statistical and research theory and methods; of probability and sampling; of data processing applications to data management problems; of inferential statistics; of techniques of data collection; of a wide range of analytical principles and practices. Ability to monitor and evaluate program performance; to plan and organize programmatic research; to interpret and apply policy material; to analyze and interpret various health care needs; to speak to the public; to communicate statistical results effectively, both orally and in writing; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both professional and lay people and be competent in presenting data in technical and non-technical settings. Strong writing skills are essential and must be experienced with SAS statistical software and/or writing SQL queries.
Office environment and computer based.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Consult with partners in the coordination of grant writing and preparation of grant related reports
Education and Experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Physical Demands and Work Environment
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|