|Department||Department of Transportation|
|Date Opened||10/3/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/24/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$64,761.90 - $68,000.00/year|
|Full or Part Time||
ODOT Employees Only.
This position is located in the Project Management Division in Oklahoma City.
This position is responsible for coordinating all aspects of aesthetics improvements as they relate to the Eight Year Construction Program and the Asset Preservation Program. The Coordinator will have state-wide project management responsibilities including budgetary control over assigned projects.
Major responsibilities also include:
• Manages assigned aesthetics projects serving as the primary point of contact for all assigned projects; assembles project teams through functional managers, consultants, project stakeholders, planning organizations, government officials, FHWA representatives, property owners, and other interested parties; develops project work plans and schedules with team input; directs project management process of initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing projects; tracks and controls assigned project costs and estimates.
• Responds to project inquiries from the Senior staff, Field DE’s, project managers, public, legislature, Governor’s Office, governmental agencies, planning agencies, media, citizens groups, stakeholders and a variety of special interest groups regarding assigned aesthetics projects; speaks before various groups and presents programs to provide information or solicit input on projects; prepares a variety of reports on project progress, problems etc.; attends public meetings in the evenings and on week-ends related to projects and departmental services.
• Performs service procurement through personal service contracting and develops, conducts, and documents associated action for new and current aesthetics contracts; assists in the definition of the contract scope of work, the estimation of contract costs, identification of funding sources, establishment of time frames and the preparation of request for services; directs and participates in the evaluation of consultant performance.
• Responsible for managing and tracking form-linear inventory, tracking logs, and scheduling of the use of “shelf” liners; working closely with field personnel, contractor’s, and resident engineers to ensure proper handling and use of liners.
• Coordinates shipping and receiving of all liners needed for construction projects ensuring that the amount of inventory correlates directly with the need for each construction project.
The position requires extensive in-state, overnight job-related travel to the location of field divisions, programs, branches, or units of the Department as necessary and in order to be responsive to project management needs. Some out-of-state-related travel will be required to receive training and technical updates.
The position will prepare a variety of reports on project progress, problems, etc. Attends public meetings in the evenings and on week-ends related to projects and departmental services.
Applicant will use extensive knowledge of Transportation Commission Rules, ODOT operating procedures, industry standards and practices related to design, applicable state and federal regulations related to design, and principles and practices related to complex project management.
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities involving professional level work in managing, coordinating or directing a major phase of a comprehensive or specialized operating program, providing staff services in various management areas, direction of a major operating division, program, unit, or functional area, or similar responsibilities. This may include serving as an operating program manager assigned administrative, staff, or program responsibilities, coordination, promotion, and improvement of programs, providing services in the areas of formulating agency policies or operating procedures, preparing agency budgets, fiscal management, human resources administration, physical plant operations, or other management functions, supervising specialized agency services, performing highly technical managerial or administrative support duties for executive level positions, or directing and coordinating volunteer or educational programs, and other comparable responsibilities.
Positions not clearly identified by another job family, but having responsibilities involving directing, managing, or coordinating various agency functions or programs, may also be included in this job family.
The Administrative Programs Officer job family consists of four levels of work, which are distinguished by the depth, and breadth of accountability and the level of responsibility assigned for providing direction and leadership in administering assigned programs or activities.
At this level employees are assigned responsibilities involving the direction or management of a major statewide specialized agency program which is large in size and scope and involves the planning, development, coordination, and implementation of program functions and activities by other federal, state, or local governmental organizations.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of a bachelor's degree and five years of professional experience in business or public administration, including two years in a supervisory or administrative capacity; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of technical administrative* or professional experience in business or public administration for each year of the required education. One year of technical administrative* experience may be applied for one year only of the required experience.
*Technical administrative experience would include highly complex clerical work gained under the direct supervision of a professional supervisor or manager.
NOTE: No substitution will be allowed for the required professional level experience in a supervisory or administrative capacity.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|