|Department||Department of Wildlife Conservation|
|Date Opened||9/4/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/13/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Must apply online.
Must apply online using Department application. Contact the Human Resource Office with questions:
Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation,
2145 NE 36th Street.,
Oklahoma City, OK 73111
Full time employees must submit a Letter of Application to the Human Resource Office.
Please attach a transcript to your application; your application will not be considered without an attached transcript. (Mailed or faxed copies are not accepted)
Applications will be reviewed and the best qualified candidates will be invited for an interview.
All applicants tentatively selected for this position will be required to submit to a background check and a urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use before appointment. Appointment to this position will be contingent upon a negative drug test result.
Must be a U. S. Citizen or Alien authorized to work in the United States.
A list of current openings can be found on the Department website at www.wildlifedepartment.com.
Position: Fish Technician
Salary: $34,411.00 Yearly*
*Salary commensurate with experience and education.
Location: SE Region, Higgins, Latimer County, OK – location of domicile must be approved by supervisor.
Summary of Job Duties:
Under the supervision of a Biologist, Hatchery Manager or Regional Supervisor, supplies technical assistance in accurate gathering, recording, programming and statistically analyzing data pertaining to fisheries research, culture and/or management. Will operate, maintain, repair and construct various types of sampling data analysis equipment and fish culture equipment. May be required to participate in the inter-divisional training program to better assist with other division projects.
Must have the ability to:
• Operate boats, motor vehicles, lawn mowers, tractors, and ATVs with various attachments.
• Operate and use firearms, cutting torch, and welding equipment.
• Operate and use small and hand held equipment and supplies.
• Use a personal computer and various office equipment.
• Operate and use field traps, survey gear, and lab equipment.
• Lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds for a distance of 100 yards.
• Push/pull a minimum of 50 pounds to hook up trailers, load boats and various other equipment.
• Walk and jog over rough terrain for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to swim.
• Work alone in remote areas.
• Endure various extremes of outdoor weather conditions.
• Work extended hours, weekends, and stay overnight out of town.
• Conduct day and night audio and visual surveys.
• Handle wild animals in live and dead condition, including field dressing wild game.
• Communicate clearly and effectively in public speaking situations and be able to express oneself clearly and concisely in writing.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others as well as work independently.
Minimum two years college to include course work in Aquatic Resource Management or closely related field. Four years’ experience in a Fisheries Conservation Technician or similar position may substitute for education requirements. Please attach a transcript. Applications received without a transcript attached will not be considered.
One year related experience. A total of five years’ experience is required in lieu of education requirement. A completed Bachelor’s Degree in Natural Resource Management with emphasis in Aquatic Resource Management or closely related field may substitute for the experience requirement.
You must attach a transcript.
Knowledge and Skills:
Training or experience in mechanical skills and technical writing is preferred. Successful applicant may be required to obtain a Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
The Department will make all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotions, terminations, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on grounds of age, race, color, creed or religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, or other factors which cannot be lawfully used as the basis for an employment decision.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.