|Department||Department of Transportation|
|Date Opened||6/4/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/25/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$84,402.86 - $88,623.00/year|
|Full or Part Time||
ODOT EMPLOYEES ONLY.
Position located within Construction Division, Oklahoma City, OK.
The primary function of this position is to serve as the Assistant State Construction Engineer.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Review, process, and approve/reject contract change orders submitted by the Resident Engineers, and create agenda items for presentation to the Transportation Commission
• Provide construction related guidance to Field Division personnel statewide including Resident Engineers, Construction Engineers, Division Engineers and Consultants
• Develop and implement policies and procedures for construction engineering and contract administration including Construction Control Directives, Construction Manual, and Special Provisions
• Coordinate engineering efforts with other Central Office Divisions, Field Divisions, FHWA, and other Government agencies
• Represent the Division and the Department at various meetings and conferences hosted by professional organizations and municipalities
• Serve on various committees, task forces, and boards
• Respond to Departmental, legislative and public inquiries
• Supervise, train, and make work assignments for Construction Division personnel
• Perform the duties of the State Construction Engineer in their absence
Resident Engineer level experience is preferred including construction project contract administration; initiating and processing change orders; writing project correspondence; resolving project related problems; ability to operate within SiteManager; etc.
The Oklahoma Department of Transportation (ODOT) ensures that no person or groups of persons shall, on the grounds of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, retaliation or genetic information, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any and all programs, services, or activities including all employment practices. To request an accommodation, please contact the ADA/504/508 Coordinator at 405-521-4140 or the Oklahoma Relay Service at 1-800-722-0353.
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibility for overall management of a staff of engineers, technicians and other personnel who are responsible for providing engineering expertise, guidance and technical assistance to state agencies, consultants, and the public. They are differentiated from lower levels in the Professional Engineer job family in that their focus is on broader supervisory and management issues including planning, organizing, and integrating the functions that report to them.
At this level the incumbent will normally have supervisory responsibility over other Level I and II Engineering Managers and will be responsible for the management of engineering work units. Alternatively the incumbent at this level may have statewide responsibility for an agency program.
Complexity of function will be broad based encompassing all areas of the division’s responsibility.
Incumbents at this level may serve as an assistant to a division engineer or as section chief for engineering activities within a division of an agency.
Complexity of function of the units managed will still be focused as described in Level I. However, complexity of function of the job of the incumbent is increased due to the additional responsibility for oversight of multiple units and/or multiple program areas.
Incumbents at this level, with guidance from a higher level of authority, are expected to make decisions regarding matters of agency policy, rules and regulations.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of registration as a Professional Engineer with the Oklahoma State Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors and three years of supervisory experience in a professional engineering related field.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|