|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||5/4/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/18/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a trusted, credible partner that empowers employees to provide valued business expertise allowing customers to focus on their missions across state government. OMES provides financial, property, purchasing, human resources and information technology services to all state agencies, and assists the Governor’s Office on budgetary policy matters. The Public Safety and Defense IT service team of OMES supports the mission of public safety in Oklahoma by lending technology support in a vast number of areas. This service team performs the IT support functions for public safety agencies. Daily Activities: Supervisory Responsibilities: Minimum Qualifications: Extensive experience with public safety is preferred. Successful completion of a thorough background investigation, which may include national fingerprinting and polygraph examination, is required. OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
Our mission is supporting our partners through unified business services. The OMES mission requires a highly-qualified workforce committed to making government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving that mission takes team-oriented, solutions-driven professionals who understand the importance of partnering to achieve success.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Director of Information Technology for Public Safety and Defense for our Oklahoma City location. This is an unclassified position in state government. OMES offers a comprehensive Benefits Packet, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here].The annual salary for this position is based on education and experience.
• Establish strong relationships with agency leadership through consistent communications and develop a firm understanding of agency business processes and objectives.
• Exercise IT leadership and mentor the agency IT strategist embedded for assigned agencies, serve as an advocate for sponsor agencies, and facilitate the creation and maintenance of agency-specific and cabinet-level governance for IT projects and data use.
• Serve as point-of-escalation and provide dotted line oversight as part of a matrix reporting structure to agency IT strategists, Program Managers, Account Executives, and Technical Account Managers assigned to support Public Safety and Defense agencies.
• Assist in the alignment of state IT strategies and agency-specific business and IT strategies; align agency-specific IT metrics and supporting processes with the State metrics; review all agency-specific IT procurements in accordance with applicable IT architecture; and assist agencies in developing annual IT budgets.
• Lead and oversee major public safety projects, including Oklahoma Public Safety Broadband Network Initiative, Public Safety Land Mobile Radio Service, and Center for Excellence.
• Identify and implement a financial model to sustain current service operations and necessary future technology upgrades
• Create and set performance plans for the team aligned to strategic plans
• Identify and resolve gaps in skills, processes, and resources
• Provide effective communications throughout the agency.
• Develop and make presentations to groups of state employees on any materials relating to the state’s business processes or utilization of the new software.
• Represent the agency before employee groups, other state agencies and national organizations; and serve on committees as required.
• Provide leadership for the project team by organizing and leading the multiple groups and committees required to identify and analyze the state processes to define the requirements to assure the validity for reporting and processing of the State’s business transactions.
• Assess IT support architectures, acquisition, license management, security, policies and advise the appropriate Information Services Division personnel on IT strategic planning issues.
• Develop, evaluate, and manage staff
• Serve as a liaison between stakeholders, business, and technical aspects of a service program area
• Assign duties, responsibilities, and spans of authority to personnel
• Facilitate communication upward and across the organization
• Meet all information technology requirements of the State through the development of appropriate operating and applications systems
• Establish priorities for systems development and information technology projects in accordance with agency or departmental requirements
• Develop plans for future utilization of information technology services in the overall state program, and make recommendations concerning the selection and purchase of equipment, vendor products or services
• Coordinate activities within the management information services division and with user divisions within the agency or other user agencies; participate in the development of the agency budget work program with primary responsibility for funds to be allocated for information technology requirements
This position requires supervisory responsibilities.
Requirements include five years of experience in an information technology field, including two years in a supervisory, team lead, or project manager capacity, PLUS an additional two years of professional supervisory or administrative experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting 12 semester hours in computer science or management information systems course work for each year of the required non-supervisory, leadership or management experience.
The Public Safety and Defense IT service team of OMES supports the mission of public safety in Oklahoma by lending technology support in a vast number of areas. This service team performs the IT support functions for public safety agencies.
Extensive experience with public safety is preferred.
Successful completion of a thorough background investigation, which may include national fingerprinting and polygraph examination, is required.
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.