|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||8/30/2017 2:45:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/28/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
JFD: Health Facilities Consultant
Working Title: Immunization Data Systems Quality Assurance Analyst
Location: Center for Health Statistics
PIN #: 34000290
Re-announcement of position posted on 07/14/2017.
Position will be open for six months or until filled. Please be advised that applications will periodically be considered, as such, this position could be filled any time before the closing date.
The bi-weekly hiring rate established for this position is $2,001.81.
This position plays a vital role in contributing to the health of Oklahomans while providing quality assurance of the Oklahoma State Immunization Information System (OSIIS). The candidate will be responsible for planning, developing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating quality improvement and quality assurance activities related to the data system. In order to achieve this, the incumbent will be required to collaborate with internal team members, data providers, federal and state partners, and other OSDH programs which rely on the information collected.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Oversee file management of OSIIS data which includes data processing and editing, finalization, file creation and dissemination to other OSDH programs, state and federal agencies.
• Assure submission and data quality requirements are met or exceeded by developing data exports/reports, creating statistical reports, addressing data inconsistencies, and creating reports for data providers.
• Provide recommendations to update policy, administrative code and law as appropriate.
• Serve as technical advisor to Immunization Service staff.
• Serve as the primary data analyst for the Immunization Service, and assist other agency data collection systems with the development and implementation of quality assurance processes and programs.
• Consult with federal and state partners on the improvement of the OSIIS to include Health Information Exchange (HIE).
• Consult and assist OSDH/Immunization staff in the system re-engineering, data cleaning, data archiving, and projects.
• Consult with partners in the coordination of grant writing and preparation of grant-related reports.
• Knowledge of statistical and research theory and methods, probability and sampling, data processing applications to data management problems, of inferential statistics, techniques of data collection, and a wide range of analytical principles and practices.
• Ability to monitor and evaluate program performance.
• Ability to plan and organize programmatic research, interpret and apply policy material and analyze and interpret various health care needs.
• Ability to speak to the public and communicate statistical results effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships, and be competent in presenting data in technical and non-technical settings.
• Strong writing skills including applied skill using SAS statistical software and writing SQL queries is essential.
Education and Work Experience:
Requirements include a Master’s Degree and two years’ experience in technical, statistical, and/or research work involving a registry system.
This position has a preferred qualification:
Project planning experience.
Applicants who demonstrate they possess the minimum qualifications (education and experience requirements) and the preferred qualifications will be given additional consideration during the interview process.
Title 74, 840-5.5. (A)(4) - Persons employed with one-time, limited duration, federal or other grant funding that is not continuing or indefinitely renewable. The length of the unclassified employment shall not exceed the period of time for which that specific federal funding is provided.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Applicants may be subject to a background check.
Position requires possible response to public health emergencies including, but not limited to, natural disasters, disease outbreaks, or catastrophic events.
The Oklahoma State Department of Health is tobacco free. Employees are prohibited from using tobacco products throughout all indoor and outdoor areas of premises under the control of the Oklahoma State Department of Health, in all vehicles on those premises, and in state vehicles in use for OSDH business anywhere.
Any qualified applicant with a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits his/her ability to participate in the application process and desires a reasonable accommodation, must notify the Oklahoma State Department of Health Human Resources office at (405) 271-4479 extension 56217 of the need for an accommodation, identify the impairment, and identify the requested accommodation.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet minimum qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
The following documentation is acceptable as proof of education:
• If this position requires a degree, applicants must provide a copy of an official diploma or copy of an official transcript that demonstrates possession of the required degree.
• If this position requires specific coursework, applicants must provide a copy of an official transcript that demonstrates completion of the required coursework.
• If this position requires certification or licensure, with the exception of nurses, applicants must provide copies of the required certification or licensure.
“Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer”
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|