|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||6/26/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/10/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $65,000 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is dedicated to providing excellent service, expert guidance, and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly-qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving this mission takes a collaborative, agile, respectful team with humble leaders who make a difference and get things done.
For more information about OMES, please visit our website.
OMES is seeking a full time Quality Testing Specialist. This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OMES offers a comprehensive , including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [.The annual salary for this position is up to $65,000.00, based on education and experience.
The purpose of this position is assigned responsibilities involving the implementation and maintenance of quality assurance and quality control of a variety of technical services related to providing information services and support for management of information systems within a state agency or institution.
• Design, write, coordinate and conduct automated and manual testing activities for all test phases
• Assist in creating the test automation framework for software, web, and mobile applications. Have the opportunity to shape and guide the technology and tools that you utilize
• Work with software developers and business analysts to elicit process requirements, understand front-end and back-end system functionality, and build quality into the design and development of required systems
• Manage all aspects of the testing process including generating and maintaining test plans and use cases, tracking test failures and validating remediation efforts
• Perform functional, regression, UI, and unit testing for all the new features in cross browser settings and mobile devices. Coordinate and test new applications, databases or systems operations, and create results reports
• Coordinate IT quality service activities with team members and other organizational units as needed
• Contribute to business process mapping, as well as process and service improvements
• Review reports, documentation, and other information to evaluate system performance, operations, and other requirements
• Represent the service quality unit on project teams, steering committees, and task forces as assigned
• Make recommendations in reducing or mitigating risks affecting service quality
• Develop technical documentation and materials including diagrams, models, manuals, and procedure documents as well as test plans, scenarios, and test cases and scripts
• Identify Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and metrics for reporting success level
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position works in a comfortable office setting with a computer for a large percentage of the work day. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild. Occasional travel may be required.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess
• Proven experience in software development quality assurance, QA methodologies, tools and processes
• Experience with Agile project management methodology
• Demonstrated experience utilizing test automation in functional, acceptance, load, regression, and integration testing
• Experience with automated testing tools is preferred
• Experience with load testing is preferred
• Experience testing APIs with tools like Postman; experience using variables and chaining API requests with tools like Postman; experience integrating API tests in a CI/CD pipeline
• Experience with tools, such as Postman or SoapUI, used to interact with SOAP and REST APIs
• Ability to write basic SQL queries to verify test outcomes
• Accessibility compliance testing
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
Requirements include 60 semester hours toward a degree; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of experience in Information Technology for each year of the required education.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|