|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||6/25/2020 11:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/9/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is dedicated to providing excellent service, expert guidance, and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly-qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving this mission takes a collaborative, agile, respectful team with humble leaders who make a difference and get things done.
For more information about OMES, please visit our website.
OMES is seeking a full time Project Manager. This is an unclassified position in state government that provides support to Oklahoma Corporation Commission located in Oklahoma City.OMES offers a comprehensive , including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [.The annual salary for this position is based on education and experience.
This position is assigned responsibilities related to overall tactical planning and leadership for developing information systems to meet agency requirements for information technology. This position works with users, senior management, and others to identify and define long-range information services requirements; develop a plan of approach; determine budgets, scope, and resources required; and provide project leadership for key technology initiatives. The position performs activities in the knowledge areas of project integration, scope, time, cost, quality, human resources, communications, risk, procurement, and stakeholder management for information technology projects for the state of Oklahoma.
• Collect project requirements, define scope, create work breakdown structures, and verify and control scope of projects
• Define activities and sequence of activities, estimate resources and durations, and develop and monitor schedules
• Plan, monitor, and control project work, perform change control and close out activities
• Utilize project management tools for task tracking, reporting status, financial tracking, and resource utilization reporting
• Estimate costs, determine budgets, and control costs
• Develop plans for quality of product and project, perform quality assurance and quality control, and ensure product quality
• Develop a staffing plan, acquire, develop, and manage the project team
• Identify stakeholders, develop and implement the communication plan, distribute project information, manage stakeholder communications, and report performance of the project
• Develop the risk management plan, identify risks, perform qualitative and quantitative risk analysis, develop risk responses, and monitor and control the project risks
• Plan, conduct, and administer procurements for the project, utilizing state procurement staff and policies
• Project integration management, including developing project charters
• Ensure projects are completed according to agency specifications and are properly documented
• Plan project stages and assess business implications for each stage
• Monitor progress to assure deadlines and standards are met
• Develop and manage work breakdown structures for projects
• Develop and update project plans for projects, including information such as project objectives, technologies, systems, information specifications, schedules, funding, and staffing
• Manage project execution to ensure adherence to schedule and scope
• Serve as a liaison between stakeholders, business, and technical aspects of projects
• Assign duties, responsibilities, and spans of authority to project personnel
• Facilitate communication upward and across project teams, including project status, justifications for variances, and technical information
Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position works in a comfortable office setting with a computer for a large percentage of the work day. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild. Occasional travel may be required.
Requirements include four years of professional experience in information technology or project management, or a two-year degree in computer science, management information systems, business or a related field.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|