|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||6/25/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/9/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is dedicated to providing excellent service, expert guidance, and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly-qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving this mission takes a collaborative, agile, respectful team with humble leaders who make a difference and get things done.
For more information about OMES, please visit our website.
OMES is seeking a full time Data Strategy and Governance Manager. This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OMES offers a comprehensive , including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [.The annual salary for this position is based on education and experience.
This position is assigned responsibilities involving the management of a three-year State Data Strategy and data governance. This includes overseeing the development of the State Data Strategy and establishing and supporting data governance.
• Ownership of data strategy and governance while supervising staff, including but not limited to research analysts, metadata specialist and data quality specialist.
• Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders to identify outcomes and data needs.
• Through engagement with data owners and stakeholders, develop a three-year State Data Strategy to support data-driven business outcomes, processes, and decisions.
• Establish and manage the Enterprise Data Governance program that provides governance and risk management for all data governance activities.
• Ownership of improving data quality and managing the protection of sensitive data and information assets.
• Drive data innovation by redefining customer relationships, identifying new and emerging technologies and developing new models to provide state leadership with information and insight for new strategies and initiatives.
• Partner with Enterprise Architecture to establish data governance inclusion in all solutions.
• Partner with the QA and Security teams to ensure compliance with regulatory and security requirements.
• Ensure that guiding principles and technology standards are followed
• Collaborate with state and federal partners to seek funding to support data projects.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position works in a comfortable office setting with a computer for a large percentage of the workday. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild. Occasional travel may be required.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess:
• Bachelor's degree, MBA or equivalent work experience desired
• Experience in strategic planning, with past experience in developing a data strategy preferred.
• Experience in developing an enterprise data governance program
• Experience in working with multiple partners/stakeholders
• Experience with HIPAA, FERPA and CJIS privacy and security requirements
• Experience in managing data sharing and data use agreements.
• Strong written and oral communication skills
Requirements include five years of experience in a business, informatics, data science or information technology field, four years of which must be in a supervisory, team lead, or project manager capacity, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting 12 semester hours in data science, statistics, computer science or management information systems course work for each year of the required experience excluding the required supervisory, lead, and/or project management experience.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|