|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||6/25/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/9/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is dedicated to providing excellent service, expert guidance, and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly-qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving this mission takes a collaborative, agile, respectful team with humble leaders who make a difference and get things done.
For more information about OMES, please visit our website.
OMES is seeking a full time Data Science and Product Manager. This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OMES offers a comprehensive , including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [.The annual salary for this position is based on education and experience.
This position is assigned responsibilities involving the management of data science and data products. This includes overseeing the design, development and implementation of a strategy to support integrated data analytics and visualization products.
• Ownership of data science activities and data product development while supervising staff, including but not limited to research scientists, business intelligence engineers and data analysts.
• Design and implement data strategies to support state agencies in meeting the needs of citizens through data-driven services and innovation.
• Guide the analytical, statistical, and programming activities to analyze and interpret data sets.
• Ensure research activities support the business needs of state agencies and while using sound descriptive and inferential statistical methodology and techniques.
• Participate in the evaluation/pilot of new technologies and provide recommendations on how they support business needs.
• Collaborate with technology and data teams to contribute to the development of the 3-year State Data Strategy
• Ownership of the business intelligence and visualization platform starting from selection and deployment through building out products for decision-support.
• Lead collaboration for deployment and implementation of tools necessary to analyze and visualize data within and across agencies and support their needs for decision-making.
• Collaborate with business partners and internal teams to understand, document and prioritize analytics and data products.
• Work with cross functional technology and business partners to lead the delivery of data products to meet business needs.
• Partner with the QA and Security teams to ensure compliance with regulatory and security requirements.
• Ensure that guiding principles and technology and privacy standards are followed
• Collaborate with state and federal partners to seek funding to support data projects.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position works in a comfortable office setting with a computer for a large percentage of the work day. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild. Occasional travel may be required.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess:
• Bachelor's degree, MBA or equivalent work experience desired
• Expertise solving complex and highly impactful quantitative problems with at least one scripting language (Python, R, etc.) and SQL.
• Expertise with quantitative analytics tools at scales with technologies such as Spark and Watson.
• Understanding of statistical techniques and methods
• Understanding of business intelligence tools and methods
• Understanding consumer products and their vulnerability to manipulation and subversion
• Strong written and oral communication skills
Requirements include five years of experience in an data science or information technology field, four years of which must be in a supervisory, team lead, or project manager capacity, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting 12 semester hours in data science, statistics, computer science or management information systems course work for each year of the required experience excluding the required supervisory, lead, and/or project management experience.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.