|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||6/24/2020 10:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/8/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $60,432.75 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
OSDH is seeking a full time EPRS Administrative Programs Manager providing support to the Emergency Preparedness and Response Service working out of the Oklahoma City location. This is unclassified position (PIN 34002531) in state government. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $60,432.75 based on education and experience.
This position is responsible for the management of the daily operational, administrative and financial functions of Emergency Preparedness and Response Service. This position will manage, supervise, train and provide technical support for all administrative support staff, contract management staff and grant management staff. This position will maintain signature authority as assigned by and under the direction of the EPRS Director and will develop, manage and maintain all EPRS grant budgets awarded by federal agencies.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Provide supervision, training and technical support for all administrative support staff, contract management staff and grant management staff.
• Ensure administrative policies and procedures are current and provide all EPRS staff with updated policies and procedures.
• Build, manage and maintain multi-million dollar grant budgets for the continued operation of EPRS, the Regional Medical Response System and Public Health Emergency Preparedness Cooperative Agreement.
• Provide accurate and appropriate funding information to OSDH Budget and Finance staff for all line item encumbrances, contracts, purchases and invoices for EPRS.
• Evaluate grant budgets and manage encumbrances on a monthly basis to determine accurate and appropriate expenditures and work with OSDH Budget and Finance staff to make adjustments as necessary. Track expenditure levels and work toward fully expending grants according to approved budgets.
• Ensure administrative staff are appropriately trained to manage all administrative support functions, to include but not limited to, providing support throughout the hiring, interviewing and onboarding process for EPRS management staff, facilitate and review all travel related documentation and ensure out of state travel requests are appropriately documented and approved, making general purchases such as supplies and office equipment, maintaining state vehicle scheduling with motor pool for EPRS and responding to general inquiries and project requests by EPRS staff.
• Ensure contract management staff are appropriately trained to manage all aspects of vendor and sub-recipient contracts for EPRS. This may also include assisting contract managers in developing contractual scopes of work, RFP’s or other procurement or state purchasing related procedure. Attend site visits with contract management staff to assist with any contractual or grant related inquiries during the site visit.
• Ensure the Grants Manager is appropriately trained and work with the position to ensure all deadlines are met. Assist the Grants Manager with any grant documentation, data and reporting needs to federal awarding agencies and act as a secondary contact with federal partners.
• Provide signature authority with final review and approval for all incoming invoices from vendors and sub-recipient contracts.
• Maintain all EPRS staff records
• Act as primary contact with HR and facilitate hiring EPRS staff in conjunction with the approval of the EPRS Director
• Regularly meet with supervised staff to communicate goals, tasks, updated policies or other relevant information necessary for job performance.
• Evaluate the performance of supervised staff on an annual basis and provide positive and constructive feedback for praise and/or improvement.
Education and Experience
Requirements at this level consist of a bachelor’s degree and one year of professional or technical administrative experience in business or public administration; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of qualifying experience for each year of the required education. Preference may be given to candidates with previous experience in a management level position and/or federal grants management experience.
Training and Certification
Candidate must work toward completing FEMA training courses ICS 100, 200, 300, 400, 700, & 800
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Candidate must demonstrate effective leadership and interpersonal skills. Good writing and verbal communication skills along with the ability to plan, evaluate and analyze budgetary and reporting data. Must be a team player and build good working relationships with internal and external partners.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. Some work will be performed in the community with exposure to varying conditions. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone. May be required to work hours other than regular schedule such as nights and weekends. Applicants must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|