|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||6/24/2020 12:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/8/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $80,000 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is dedicated to providing excellent service, expert guidance, and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly-qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving this mission takes a collaborative, agile, respectful team with humble leaders who make a difference and get things done.
For more information about OMES, please visit our website.
OMES is seeking a full time Service Desk Manager. This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OMES offers a comprehensive , including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [.The annual salary for this position is up to $80,000 based on education and experience.
The Service Desk Manager is responsible for providing exceptional vision and leadership to a team of technology professionals responsible for providing end user technology support services. This position leads team in delivering exceptional customer service to the State of Oklahoma employees and citizens. They will handle all relative communications with leadership and Service Desk personnel. This position is responsible for leading and overseeing all Service Desk elements -- client relations, staffing to meet ever changing workflow needs, operational reporting, employee relations, and onboarding/offboarding support. This position is responsible for the long term planning of the service desk, assisting the supervisors with day-to-day issues and tactical decision making but focusing on the bigger picture. This person should be able to identify issues and direct the supervisors to make course corrections quickly in our fast paced environment. They should have the ability to examine and evaluate the teams process and identify shortfalls, bottlenecks, what is working and where it is failing and solving these problems by directing the supervisors to create the procedures to address them.
• Manage all operational and daily activities of assigned resources to ensure clients receive effective and timely resolution of all issues.
• Oversee daily volume of tickets generated from each client ; help prioritize tickets across all clients to ensure timely resolution of issues with highest impact on clients.
• Responsible for developing and documenting processes and procedures particularly in a SLA driven environment.
• Define internal Service Desk performance indicators for quality assurance in support of customer facing performance indicators and present them to management.
• Proactively manage communications pertaining to technical support, operations, changes, outages, and issues in a timely, professional manner.
• Regularly communicate service performance levels to key stakeholders, including Client Experience Director and Operations Manager.
• Serve as key point of contact for all matters related to the Service Desk.
• Responsible for management of all employee actions including hiring, developing, managing performance, promoting a positive and productive work environment, and retaining high performing staff.
• Provide direction in complex problem-solving situations and participate in direct interaction with technical resources when required.
Preferred Certification and Experience
• At least 5 year’s experience in a service desk leadership position
• Strong understanding of Service Desk related best practices, policies, procedures and implementation experience.
• Strong understanding of Microsoft Operating Systems, Microsoft Office, and other common desktop platforms.
Six years of experience in an information technology field, four years of which must be in a supervisory, team lead, or project manager capacity; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting 12 semester hours in computer science or management information systems course work for each year of non-supervisory experience required.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.