|Date Opened||6/22/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Full or Part Time||
Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
*Indicate which particular position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Call Center Representative #318
Oklahoma Tax Commission – Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73194
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by the call center representative. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills needed to perform the job.
The call center representative plays a critical role in responding to inquiries by the taxpayers of Oklahoma. The position is located in the agency call center which receives upwards of 750,000 calls annually.
The call center is often the first point of contact for taxpayers seeking information regarding their agency accounts. Representatives serve as a subject matter expert regarding Oklahoma tax laws. Daily contact involves communication with taxpayers and other agency staff via phone calls and electronic communications. The representative handles inbound interactions, answers questions and inquiries, and troubleshoots customer experiences with their accounts.
Responsibilities and Requirements Include
• Answer incoming calls, interpreting statute, rules and procedures, and other components of Oklahoma tax code.
• Maintain a professional demeanor in all situations.
• Provide excellent customer service to the taxpayers of Oklahoma.
• Resolve customer complaints and problems.
• Assist taxpayers with technical/navigational issues related to the agency’s self-service online portal.
• Ability to multi-task, set priorities and manage time effectively.
• Participate in agency projects as needed.
• Customer Service: Appropriately address internal and external customer issues while respecting business needs.
• Result Driven: Identify the correct response to taxpayer inquiries while meeting required call center metrics.
• Decision Making: Evaluate relevant data and aspects of situations and make appropriate decisions.
• Accountability: Accept responsibility for actions with honesty and integrity while remaining committed to organization success.
• Teamwork: Promote a team atmosphere of respect for all team members; work well with co-workers and leadership.
The ideal candidate will have an educational background in a business or communications-related field with experience in accounting, bookkeeping, tax revenue, customer service, or closely related work.
Exceptional interpersonal skills, strong verbal communications skills along with active listening abilities are a requirement. Additionally, a positive attitude with a passion for providing a successful experience for every caller is needed.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Teams.
The initial requirements of Call Center Representative, Level I consist of a bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, public administration, or a closely related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of experience in accounting, bookkeeping, tax revenue, customer service, auditing, or closely related work for each year of the required education.
Employment with the Oklahoma Tax Commission offers benefits which include medical, dental, life, disability and vision insurance, medical and health care reimbursement programs, retirement plan, deferred compensation plan, paid holidays, and longevity payments. Employees are provided a benefit allowance to spend toward their benefits. Employees earn three weeks annual and three weeks paid sick leave in the first year of employment.
The Oklahoma Tax Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.