Robbers Cave State Park
|Department||Tourism and Recreation Department|
|Date Opened||6/19/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/6/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$33,264.80 annually plus benefits|
|Full or Part Time||
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a Resume and Cover Letter* during the announcement period listed above to:
ATTN: HR Recruiter
900 N Stiles Ave, Ste. 200
Oklahoma City, OK 73104-3234
**Review of documents will begin immediately**
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT #118-20 EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED: KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
TITLE: Recreational Coordinator - Unclassified
LOCATION: Robbers Cave State Park, Wilburton, OK
SALARY: $33,264.80 annually plus benefits.
*Cover Letter must include an accurate address and telephone number, as well as the title of the position for which you are applying.
TO BE CONSIDERED:
•Any individual may apply for an unclassified posting.
•OTRD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
RECREATIONAL COORDINATOR (2356)
• Under general supervision, plans, supervises and directs a recreation program at a state lodge, resort, or park.
• Develops environmental educational and recreational programs for resort and park visitors.
• Organizes activities; interprets the natural and cultural resources of the park area; leads nature walks.
• Constructs and maintains trails and displays within park nature centers.
• Conducts educational programs for schools, scout groups, and others at locations that may be outside the park itself.
• Prepares and submits required reports, evaluations and visitor surveys.
• Directs recreational programs and social activities programs for users of state facilities.
• Plans, schedules, coordinates and directs recreational programs including arts and crafts, land and water sports, table games, hikes, bicycle and horseback riding, hayrides, nature appreciation, and social functions.
• Provides tours of facilities, natural resources, and recreation areas; provides detailed information concerning state facilities or tourist attractions.
• Requests, receives and accounts for supplies and equipment required and used for all recreation programs; institutes system of control, accountability, and maintenance of supplies and equipment to insure continuous availability to users.
• Responsible for the maintenance of the swimming pools to the requirements of the OK State Department of Health.
• Responsible for the maintenance of the tennis courts, volleyball courts, horseshoe pits, and poolside court yard.
• Must have or obtain CPR certification. Certification must be kept current.
• Performs related work as required and assigned.
• Knowledge of recreation programs and of methods involved in planning and conducting a recreational program.
• Knowledge of environmental science and natural and cultural history.
• Skill in conducting group activities; in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with facility staff or tourists; and, in communicating effectively, both orally and in writing.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Requirements at this level consist of a bachelor’s degree in an environmental or biological science or Park and Recreation; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of qualifying experience for each year of the bachelor’s degree.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.