Parks Division-statewide travel
|Department||Tourism and Recreation Department|
|Date Opened||6/19/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/6/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$49,900 annually plus benefits|
|Full or Part Time||
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a Resume and Cover Letter* during the announcement period listed above to:
ATTN: HR Recruiter
900 N Stiles Ave, Ste. 200
Oklahoma City, OK 73104-3234
**Review of documents will begin immediately**
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT #116-20 MECHANICAL SYSTEMS CONTRACTOR (5007) TYPICAL FUNCTIONS: SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must be willing and able to perform all job-related travel normally associated with the position.
TITLE: Mechanical Systems Contractor- Unclassified
LOCATION: Parks Division-statewide travel
SALARY: $49,900 annually plus benefits.
*Cover Letter must include an accurate address and telephone number, as well as the title of the position for which you are applying.
TO BE CONSIDERED:
•Any individual may apply for an unclassified posting.
• Employment Application must be postmarked by the closing date of announcement.
•OTRD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
Position is assigned responsibilities related to the layout, installation, maintenance, and repair of heating, air conditioning, refrigeration, duct work, and natural gas piping systems and related components within the Division of State Parks. In this role, they may work independently or in close association with other regional craftsman and licensed trades specialists or others performing work in both new construction/renovation and the upkeep of existing state properties. Position will be expected complete required work to meet desired goals within broad guidelines.
• Maintains and repairs mechanical system fixtures and equipment in existing buildings and structures; diagnoses mechanical issues.
• Installs, maintains and performs repairs on mechanical systems such as heat and air and related components.
• Oversees the work of others in the mechanical systems trade.
• Estimates project start and completion dates considering variables such as availability of manpower, materials, budget, weather conditions, project scope and special needs of the facility.
• Computes quantities and materials necessary for projects; develops cost estimates and may write specifications for work to be done, makes field inspections.
• Insures quality control and work within code compliance; responsible for insuring projects stay within time and budget constraints.
• Coordinates with supervisor and facility managers in developing the priorities of construction, renovation or repair projects.
• May provide advice in the selection, ordering and storing of material.
• Prepares, maintains records and provides reports.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of the building trades and of modern construction methods and techniques.
• Knowledge of the methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in the maintenance and repair of HVAC systems and components.
• Knowledge of state and national codes for HVAC and Natural Gas piping installation.
• Knowledge of the safety measures necessary in the mechanical systems trade.
• Ability is required to plan, coordinate, and participate in HVAC installation and renovation projects; to set priorities; and to analyze and resolve HVAC and refrigeration issues and needs.
• Ability to read and interpret blue prints; of materials cost estimating.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing to staff and management.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, supervisors, suppliers, and other agencies.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Five years of experience in skilled building trade or maintenance work involving the construction, maintenance, alteration and/or repair of buildings, grounds, and HVAC systems; Or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of college or technical school training in the building or construction trades for each year of the required experience.
Applicant must possess at least a licensure as a Mechanical Contractor with the Oklahoma Construction Industries Board, or hold a journeyman's license and can obtain a contractor's license within 90 of obtain employment with Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department.
Possession of a valid Oklahoma driver's license
MECHANICAL SYSTEMS CONTRACTOR (5007)
Applicants must be willing and able to perform all job-related travel normally associated with the position.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.