Executive Division, Oklahoma City, OK
|Department||Tourism and Recreation Department|
|Date Opened||6/18/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/6/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$50,000-$60,000/annually plus Benefits.|
|Full or Part Time||
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a Resume and Cover Letter* during the announcement period listed above to:
ATTN: HR Recruiter
900 N Stiles Ave, Ste. 200
Oklahoma City, OK 73104-3234
**Review of documents will begin immediately**
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT #068-20
TITLE: Physical Assets Manager
LOCATION: Executive Division, Oklahoma City, OK
SALARY: $50,000-$60,000 annually plus Benefits.
*Cover Letter must include an accurate address and telephone number, as well as the title of the position for which you are applying.
TO BE CONSIDERED:
•Any individual may apply for an unclassified posting.
• Employment Application must be postmarked by the closing date of announcement.
•OTRD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
Physical Assets Manager
The Physical Assets Manager is responsible for implementing the agency’s Capital Assets Management Program, monitoring and tracking capital purchases for timely asset capitalization, recording asset acquisitions, transfers and disposals, maintaining internal records for fixed and equipment assets, and ensuring agency compliance with applicable reporting requirements. This position coordinates with division- and unit-level management to identify and implement policies, procedures, best practices and training to ensure that agency assets are properly maintained and managed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Be accountable for the implementation of the Capital Assets Management Program for the agency and its component divisions, including:
• Establishment of quality standards and standard operating procedures
• Development of resources to improve proficiency of maintenance staff
• Implementation of facility operations benchmarks and performance measures
• Implementation of a facility condition assessment procedure and schedule
• Ensure accuracy, completeness and continual improvement of agency asset data.
• Identify and track all real property and equipment assets owned, leased of otherwise managed by the agency.
• Develop and implement an agency-level asset management plan.
• Identify and pursue goals consistent with and supportive of the agency’s asset management plan and measure progress against those goals.
• Identify legislative authorities that are required to address program needs.
• Represent the agency on any statewide bodies focusing on asset management issues.
• Assess property, infrastructure and equipment for impairment triggers and perform appropriate impairment tests when necessary.
• Ensure that active dialogue exists with component-level management and effective processes are in place to provide them the timely and accurate data and advice needed to run the organization.
• Assist agency leadership in the development of the agency annual capital budget.
• Support the annual fixed asset inventory processes with agency components.
• Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Working knowledge of and experience with fixed assets, inventory and/or capital assets management.
• Highly proficient in database management.
• Strong leadership skills, including effective verbal and written communication.
• Ability to influence people and processes without direct authority.
• Excellent organizational, planning, prioritization, follow-up, and closure skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite software programs.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field or four (4) years of experience in asset management; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Applicants must be willing and able to fulfill all job related travel normally associated with the position.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.