Lake Thunderbird State Park, Norman, OK
|Department||Tourism and Recreation Department|
|Date Opened||6/16/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/6/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$37,280 annually plus benefits.|
|Full or Part Time||
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a Resume and Cover Letter* during the announcement period listed above to:
ATTN: HR Recruiter
900 N Stiles Ave, Ste. 200
Oklahoma City, OK 73104-3234
**Review of documents will begin immediately**
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT #109-20 BASIC PURPOSE: TYPICAL FUNCTIONS:
TITLE: Park Manager I - Unclassified
LOCATION: Lake Thunderbird State Park, Norman, OK
SALARY: $37,280 annually plus benefits.
TO BE CONSIDERED:
•Any individual may apply for an unclassified posting.
•OTRD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
PARK MANAGER I (3508)
Incumbents in this job family may perform duties and responsibilities involving assistance to a higher level manager or regional manager in the operation of a state park, or may manage a smaller state park or serve as a manager trainee or as a site manager for a small park which is part of a “pod” management configuration.
• Assists the Park Manager in all aspects of park management, operation and supervision of staff.
• Assures a safe, well-maintained park facility through the efforts of a properly supervised and trained staff.
• Provides park visitor service and promotes usage through positive community relations, developing local partnerships and volunteer programs and aggressive marketing efforts.
• Assumes natural resource protection and environmental education as a manager of park operations and visitor programming. Some specialized training may be necessary to meet environmental demands of park operation.
• Analyzes financial information and operational requirements in order to plan, prepare and manage the park’s operating budget. Helps ensure an efficient operation, within budget constraints and assures fiscal control and accountability.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Required at this level include knowledge of the principles of park management and business administration; of marketing and advertising methods and principles; of general construction methods and maintenance procedures; of personnel and financial management; of public relations; of laws, rules and regulations concerning the operation of state parks, contracts, purchases of state equipment and supplies and property management; and of supervisory principles and practices. Ability to supervise the work of others; to maintain effective working relationships and public relations; to formulate goals and objectives; to apply rules and regulations; to maintain records and prepare reports; to use basic computer applications such as Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel and SharePoint; to perform basic computer tasks such printing, scanning and electronic filing; and to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.”
Education and Experience:
Requirements at this level consist of a bachelor’s degree; or an equivalent combination of education and experience substituting one year of experience in park management or operations, business administration, building and grounds maintenance, general construction or natural resource management or operations for a maximum of ninety semester hours of the required education. Five years of continuous experience in park operations may substitute for the education requirement if directly applicable to the work performed in Oklahoma State Parks.
Some positions may require the incumbent to live on park property. Applicants for these positions must possess a valid Oklahoma driver’s license to operate state vehicles at the time of appointment, be willing to work irregular hours including nights and weekends; also must pass a thorough background check.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.