Fort Cobb State Park - Fort Cobb, OK
|Department||Tourism and Recreation Department|
|Date Opened||6/16/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/6/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$30,205 Annually plus Benefits.|
|Full or Part Time||
HOW TO APPLY: ANNOUNCEMENT: #112-20
Submit a Resume and Cover Letter* during the announcement period listed above to:
ATTN: HR Recruiter
900 N Stiles Ave, Ste. 200
Oklahoma City, OK 73104-3234
TITLE: Guest Services Specialist I - Unclassified
LOCATION: Fort Cobb State Park - Fort Cobb, OK
SALARY: $30,205 annually plus Benefits.
*Cover Letter must include an accurate address and telephone number, as well as the title of the position for which you are applying.
TO BE CONSIDERED:
• Any individual may apply for an unclassified posting.
• OTRD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
Guest Services Specialist I
Under general supervision the guest services specialist is responsible for providing superior front desk type services to park and lodge guests, typically in person but also by phone and e-mail, while also undertaking various administrative duties that directly affect the guest experience.
Examples of Work Performed:
• Act as the first point of contact for guest information and as park ambassador during guest visit.
• Actively promote park amenities and programs along with local and regional destinations.
• Operate lodging (campsite, cabin, rooms, etc) reservation system to process digital, walk up and phone sales, guest check-in and outs, refunds and cancellations. Track reservations and occupancy.
• Follow all revenue handling protocols in ensuring accurate and efficient sales and reservation transactions.
• Keeps park records of activity.
• Assists with park event planning, park partnerships, and park programming.
• Maintains office in orderly, clean, and hygienic condition.
• Collaborate and communicate with co-workers to address guest concerns and asset issues.
Knowledge and Skills:
• High quality interpersonal skills with ability to work with many different personality types.
• Ability to multitask with positive conflict resolution techniques.
• Excellence in written and verbal communication along with active listening skills.
• Knowledge of hospitality manners and practices.
• Working knowledge of MS Office 365 and its program applications.
• Basic knowledge of office management and machines, basic bookkeeping, and reporting procedures.
• Ability to learn reservation and hospitality system software and programs.
• Good time management and organizational skills.
• Social media use and marketing.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or GED.
• 2+ years guest service experience with professional presentation.
• Proficiency in English, multilingualism will be considered an asset.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.