HR Division - Oklahoma City, OK
|Department||Tourism and Recreation Department|
|Date Opened||6/16/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/6/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$40,000.00-$47,000 annually plus Benefits, based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
HOW TO APPLY: ANNOUNCEMENT: #114-20
Submit a Resume and Cover Letter* during the announcement period listed above to:
ATTN: HR Recruiter
900 N Stiles Ave, Ste. 200
Oklahoma City, OK 73104-3234
TITLE: Human Resources Specialist (8578) - Unclassified
LOCATION: HR Division - Oklahoma City, OK
SALARY: $40,000.00-$47,000 annually plus Benefits, based on education and experience.
*Cover Letter must include an accurate address and telephone number, as well as the title of the position for which you are applying.
TO BE CONSIDERED:
• Any individual may apply for an unclassified posting.
• OTRD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
Human Resource Specialist (8578)
Responsible for performing a variety of specialized human resource duties. Will work in a team-oriented environment, cross training to ensure optimal customer service while adding value to the team, co-workers and the Agency.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
• Prepares, processes and reviews a variety of personnel transaction forms including individual appointments, status changes, transfers, promotions, salary changes, and separations into Human Capital Management (HCM) Oracle PeopleSoft.
• Manages the online personnel transactions forms with Finance and all Tourism divisions.
• Works closely with payroll on personnel transactions each pay period.
• Responsible for learning HCM payroll/TCP timekeeping software and serve as back up payroll coordinator.
• Scans/images all new employee records and organizes personnel files.
• Answers employee questions on leave, benefits, payroll, and HR forms.
• Responsible for the proper retention and destruction of all personnel files according to the Archives and Records Commission.
• Process I9’s using E-Verify & inputs new hires into all required systems.
• Track supervisory hours & enroll employees in training using the state learning management system.
• Assist with recruitment including job postings, review of resumes and interviews.
• Performs other duties as assigned assisting the team to complete projects as needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills and initiative to improve processes. Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects concurrently and independently, often under time restrictions. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others and to understand and apply applicable rules, laws and policies. The successful candidate will have strong customer service skills, oral and written communication skills, flexibility, eager to learn, dependable and team-oriented. They also must understand and know the importance of confidentiality. Requires strong knowledge of basic computer applications, including Outlook, Word and Excel. Knowledge of human resource management policies and procedures. Knowledge of Oracle PeopleSoft or SharePoint preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Associates’ Degree in human resource, business, management or related area. Minimum of three (3) years of experience in clerical office work, preferably with one year of experience involving human resources management. An equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of college for each year of the required experience.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.