|Date Opened||6/15/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Full or Part Time||
To Apply send resume by email to:
This position is open until filled.
The Oklahoma Insurance Department has an opening in the REAB Division for a Legal Secretary II. The salary for this position is $38,000, with future pay increases and/or bonuses based on performance after 1 year of service.
Assists the Director of the REAB Division with enforcement responsibilities related to the Real Estate Appraiser Board.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinate with REAB Board Members, Disciplinary Committee, Probable Cause Committee, Board Prosecutors and Board Counsel on various procedural and docketing matters.
• Prepares various legal documents and forms; including correspondence, orders, administrative records, motions and subpoenas.
• Independently researches, locates and assembles documents for enforcement files, disciplinary hearings, district court matters or board meetings. May arrange coordinate conferences, meetings and depositions. Communicate with respondents in enforcement proceedings as well as attorneys and consumers. Will serve as court clerk during administrative disciplinary hearings. May be required to testify regarding service of documents. Will respond and assist visitors to the Oklahoma Insurance Department with enforcement-related questions. May assist visitors with general licensing questions with other staff members are not available.
• Perform other administrative and clerical duties such as scheduling appointments, providing information to callers, composing and typing routine correspondence, and reading and routing or acting on incoming mail. Scanning of enforcement documents maintaining electronic filing system.
• Assist the Director and attorneys in ensuring that deadlines are met for administrative and district court actions; as court clerk will file stamp enforcement filings from respondents or other parties and ensure file-stamped copies are distributed and filed in the electronic files.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Minimum of 3 years Legal experience is preferred. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Will have an excellent working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point. Will be able to create and manage detailed Excel spreadsheets; create and manage mail merge documents in Word; will be able to scan and electronically file and manage legal/enforcement files, some of which can be complex. Will have familiarity with and iPad and electronically transferring documents from Word or Excel to an iPad for use during disciplinary hearings and board meetings. Familiarity with an AS-400 database would be preferred. Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Legal Assistant/Paralegal two-year college degree or four-year college degree in related field. Three or more years of experience is preferred.
Upon hire, any applicant who is licensed as a producer/agent, adjuster or is otherwise affiliated with any entity that is regulated by the department must surrender their license and terminate any financial or non-financial affiliation with the entity that is regulated by the department. The selected applicant must pass a background check. Individual may be required to pursue NAIC designations as job duties require.
Employees of the Oklahoma Insurance Department are unclassified employees of the state. For benefits offered by the State of Oklahoma to employees of the state, please use this link to access the Office of Human Capital Management benefits page at https://omes.ok.gov/services/employee-benefits
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.