|Department||District Attorneys Council|
|Date Opened||6/1/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Full or Part Time||
SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER INCLUDING SALARY REQUIREMENT TO:
District Attorneys Council
421 NW 13th Street, Suite 290
Oklahoma City, OK 73103
Systems and Network Administrator
Salary Range: $60,000-$75,000
Full State Benefits
The System and Network Administrator (SNA) performs operations and project work in support of the District Attorneys Council (DAC) system infrastructure. The SNA manages the hardware and software infrastructure for DAC system, security, and network infrastructure, including systems hosting custom-developed and commercial off the shelf applications. The SNA oversees and manages day-to-day operations for a small data center and provides operational support for Microsoft 0365, VDI, application servers and the technical infrastructure in accordance with standard operating procedures. Work involves developing processes, operating procedures, and project plans to implement and achieve DAC Information Technology (IT) objectives. This position has independent judgment and decision-making authority.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs tasks as assigned by The IT Director and/or Senior Systems Administrator in charge of DAC computer systems.
• Designs and implements all security related functions for DAC computer systems. This includes user ID and password control, backup systems and procedures, and disaster recovery plans and tests. A disaster recovery test will be conducted at least once a year on all midrange systems.
• Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of Core Infrastructure-Server systems, network, and virtualization infrastructures.
• In depth technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols and standards. Hands on hardware troubleshooting and network design and implement experience.
• Extensive application support experience with firewall, routing, wireless networking and unified communications systems, preferably in O365 environment.
• Monitor network to ensure optimal performance and provide day-to-day support.
• Evaluate and recommend security improvements and system upgrades.
• Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues.
• Ensure the backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
• Lead helpdesk support efforts, making sure all servers, services, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited or planned disruptions.
• Pro-actively plan for capacity, storage, and monitor performance.
• Support users with Microsoft 365 applications and manage licensing, installations, and basic training (Office applications, Teams, Sharepoint);
• Support users with a variety of third-party application such as DAC’s case management system.
• Strong organizational, customer service and problem-solving skills.
• Work with outsourced IT support for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure.
• Responsible for designing and reviewing logging and audit reports that track activity on the DAC computer systems, most especially the adding, changing and deleting of data.
• Responsible for data replication, and designing and reporting metrics which indicate that host and target systems are in sync that are to be reported to the Director of IT.
• Designs and reports on various security related metrics that are to be reported monthly to the Director of IT.
• Designs and implements change control procedures for systems with the approval of the Director of IT. This involves coordinating software application moves among the applications support staff and other IT specialists.
• Plans for, installs and maintains Servers and appliances as required. This includes original installations, upgrades and replacement installations.
• Responsible for maintaining warranty and maintenance contracts on all related hardware/software that reside on DAC servers.
• Maintains proper licensing for all software applications that reside on the DAC computer systems.
• Monitors functions of DAC computer systems internal and external to the DAC to ensure appropriate levels of operations.
• Designs and reports on DAC system performance metrics that will help identify any system problems and identify when systems are reaching capacity. Estimating future metrics will help determine system life cycles. These reports will be delivered to the Director of IT.
• Research and makes recommendations regarding improvement and acquisition of IT infrastructure.
• Work with vendors to provide quotes for new acquisition and renewals.
• This position shares responsibilities with system administrator in a variety of different areas, including but not limited to: e-mail and the Exchange server; digital multimedia applications.
• Coordinates security related activities with team members.
• Acts as resource to internal IT staff and district IT coordinators, and as external consultant to other state agencies, and/or other organizational units as directed
• Attends meetings as required.
• Performs other duties as related to information technology systems.
Works under the direction of the Information Technology Director and works closely with the Senior Systems Administrator. This position requires excellent customer service and organizational skills to support administrative personnel, department supervisors, staff, and DAC customers. Promotes a positive work environment by maintaining respectful interactions with DAC members. This position requires the ability to function successfully in both team and independent work environments.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• 3+ years Day-to-Day Operational Support and Maintenance of Network, Server & Storage, Firewall administration.
• 3+ years Active Directory & Group Policy Administration
• 3+ years backup and restoring of all servers, firewalls and network appliances.
• 3+ years configuration for Proactive Management and Responding to System Alerts
• 3+ years providing “Uptime” & Reporting Statistics in line with defined Service Level Agreements
• 3+ years proactively Reviewing & Reporting on System Performance and Capacity Trends
• 3+ years basic Switch and Router configuration and troubleshooting
• 3+ years configuring and managing VPNs connectivity
• Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving ability
• Strong knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols.
• MCSE, CISSP, CCNA, or CCNP certifications preferred.
A bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in computer science or a related field and three plus years experience working with data center infrastructure and midrange business computing systems. Experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis as follows: six years working in the industry that will directly contribute to gaining the required skill set.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms and perform repetitive motions with wrists, hands, and fingers. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, color vision, depth perception, ability to adjust and focus, and the ability to see clearly at 20 feet or more.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, work in high precarious places and the risk of electrical shock. Frequently handles emergency or crisis situations and may be subject to varying and unpredictable situations and work hours. The employee is subject to frequent interruptions, multiple calls and inquiries, and may occasionally handle absentee replacement on short notice. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Frequent in-state travel and occasional out-of-state travel may be required.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.