|Department||Department of Education|
|Date Opened||5/27/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/13/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$32,000 - 35,500/year|
|Full or Part Time||
COORDINATOR I CACFP
Office of Child Nutrition, Oliver Hodge Building, Oklahoma City, OK
Under direction, coordinate all work within the CACFP and assist with Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) as needed. Provide technical assistance/training to CACFP and SFSP personnel, and state staff in the interpretation of CACFP regulations and the solution of management and operational problems for FDCH & CACFP participants; work with project coordinator in the processing and oversight of all CACFP & SFSP applications, claims for reimbursement, and reports to the United States Department of Agriculture; handle non-routine claims problems that cannot be processed through regular channels; organize the work to be done; and perform related administrative duties.
• Three to Five years full-time experience in Child Nutrition Programs (CNP) is required.
NOTE: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in foods and nutrition, home economics, or a related field (official transcripts required) may be substituted for the required years of experience; however, preference will be given to those with Child Nutrition experience.
• Knowledge of the general principles of Child Nutrition Programs, including familiarity of documents used by Child Nutrition Programs participants, specifically CACFP/SFSP forms and training manual;
• Assist in conducting training sessions/workshops as required and needed by Director of Training;
• Ability to lead, take initiative, work independently and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously, paying close attention to detail on many varied tasks;
• Ability to exercise good judgment in analyzing situations and making decisions; to organize and present facts and opinions clearly and concisely (both orally and written); to exercise tact, courtesy and initiative; to adapt to an automated work environment;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with fellow employees, program participants, other government agencies, and the public;
• Conscientious commitment and willingness to provide courteous, consistent, efficient service through the performance of the prescribed job duties;
• Knowledge of office management principles, methods and procedures; standards to be met for claims payment; state and federal laws and agency regulations pertaining to the processing of claims; bookkeeping and auditing principles and practices;
• Applicants must be willing and able to perform necessary job-related travel; Statewide travel would be expected, as well as some out-of-state travel.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
• Keep abreast of all regulatory requirements and annual changes;
• Complete reports as assigned or required by the United States Department of Agriculture;
• Assist in updating CACFP & SFSP materials each fiscal year. Relate federal and state policies and regulations to program participants and state staff;
• Distribute necessary recordkeeping forms and documents, instructional materials, and related information to program participants and state staff;
• Assist the Director of Training & Director of CACFP/SFSP in development of training programs for CACFP & SFSP participants and state staff;
• Organize and approve applications and agreements for CACFP & SFSP participants and assist with SFSP when needed requested by the SFSP Coordinator;
• Assist in auditing reviews of SFSP participants conducted by the field staff; Calculate any over claims assessed and generate letters to the institutions; Follow-up on all corrective action required so that reviews can be closed in a timely manner;
• Assist in the processing of CACFP/SFSP claims through the agency for payment following federal/state law and agency policies/procures;
• Respond to inquiries regarding status of claims, policy provisions, and agency policies and procedures;
• Prepare reports, letters, any other correspondence assigned and maintain records necessary for CACFP/SFSP audits and management evaluations;
• Perform related work as required and assigned.
General office setting in an open area of the office suite.
N (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this position
O (Occasionally) - Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) - Position requires this activity from 33%-66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5 hrs/day)
C (Constantly) - Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
10 lbs or less F
11-20 lbs F
21-50 lbs O
51-100 lbs N
Over 100 lbs N
Reach Outward O
Reach Over Shoulder O
Squat or Kneel O
No Travel required.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|