|Department||Legislative Service Bureau|
|Date Opened||5/22/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/6/2020 2:32:00 PM|
|Salary||Commensurate with education and relative legislative work experience|
|Full or Part Time||
Applicants should send an electronic letter of introduction with a resume to:
Applications will be reviewed in the order received and the application process will remain open until the position is filled.
The Legislative Office of Fiscal Transparency (LOFT) provides comprehensive non-partisan fiscal and program analysis for the Oklahoma State Legislature. LOFT is seeking a Program Evaluator with a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Economics, Public Policy Analysis, Public Administration, Business Administration or a related field.
A description of the Program Evaluator position follows. We offer a competitive salary and benefits.
Characteristics of the Position
LOFT is a state agency in the legislative branch that assists the Oklahoma House and Senate. LOFT provides budgetary recommendations to the LOFT Oversight Committee for use in setting the funding of state government, higher education, and public schools. LOFT is charged with ensuring state agency programs are efficient, effective and transparent. The LOFT Oversight Committee includes seven senators and seven representatives with political parties represented in proportion to membership in each house of the legislature.
LOFT employs professional Program Evaluators to determine whether taxpayer expenditures are producing desired results and to recommend improvements to Oklahoma state government.
• Develop, lead, and conduct independent program evaluations and special research studies to legislators and make recommendations to improve the efficiency and
effectiveness of government.
• Provide analysis of programmatic work by state agencies.
• Evaluate program and effectiveness for the full spectrum of state activities, including health care, social services, education, public safety, natural resources, and the general administration of state government and its political subdivisions.
• Ability to work independently and in a dynamic, fast pace team environment
• Understanding of state policy development
• Ability to work effectively and objectively with legislators, legislative and agency staff including cabinet secretaries, and a broad range of policy stakeholders.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Master's or Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Public Policy Analysis, Public Administration, Business Administration or a related field for an economist position. Relevant work experience may substitute for a graduate degree.
• Knowledge of evaluation methods and the design and execution of research projects
• Strong experience in policy and budget analysis, governmental operations and finance
• Ability to use a spreadsheet and database applications and statistical procedures, including but not limited to cost-benefit analysis.
• Display an ability for working with numbers and economic analysis.
You can find more information on LOFT Careers @ http://www.oklegislature.gov/.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.