|Department||Legislative Service Bureau|
|Date Opened||5/22/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||Commensurate with education and relative legislative work experience|
|Full or Part Time||
Applicants should send an electronic letter of introduction with a resume to:
Applications will be reviewed in the order received and the application process will remain open until the position is filled.
The Legislative Office of Fiscal Transparency (LOFT) provides a full range of non-partisan fiscal and program analysis for the Oklahoma State Legislature. We currently have an opening for a Financial Analyst. We seek individuals who have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Economics, Public Policy Analysis, Public Administration, Business Administration or a related field.
A description of the Financial Analyst position follows. We offer competitive salaries and benefits and flexibility regarding a starting date.
Characteristics of the Position
LOFT is a state agency in the legislative branch that assists the Oklahoma House and Senate. LOFT provides budgetary recommendations to the LOFT Oversight Committee for use in setting the funding of state government, higher education, and public schools. LOFT is charged with ensuring state agency programs are efficient, effective and transparent. The LOFT Oversight Committee includes seven senators and seven representatives with political parties represented in proportion to membership in each house of the legislature.
Individuals are responsible for particular agencies of state government and perform the
following core functions:
• Analyze agency budget requests and make recommendations on proposed spending levels.
• Testify during Appropriations Committee hearings of the Oklahoma House of Representatives and
• Assist the Appropriations Committee members and fiscal staff in their development of the state budget.
• Review and analyze other legislation with fiscal implications
• Monitor implementation of agency budgets and provide advice and counsel to agency officials
regarding legislative intent. Visit assigned agencies to meet with department personnel and
their budget staff to discuss both budgetary and operational matters.
• Serve as a general resource to the Legislature on their assigned budgets and make suggestions
for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of state government. As non-partisan staff, we
are available to work with all members of the Legislature and specifically the LOFT Oversight Committee.
While analysts work independently on individual agency budgets, they also collaborate in a supportive
team-oriented environment to help provide information and data in the development of the overall state budget.
• Possess a Master's or Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Public Policy Analysis, Public Administration, Business
Administration or a related field for a financial analyst position. Relative work experience may
substitute for a graduate degree.
• Display an ability for working with numbers and fiscal analysis.
• Write clearly and concisely.
You can find more information on LOFT Careers @ http://www.oklegislature.gov/.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.