|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||3/26/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/9/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
OSDH is seeking a full time Public Information Manager II. This is a classified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City, OK. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is based on education and experience. Position Summary Position Responsibilities • Plans public information programs and projects; prepares budget for the informational program; develops and implements special projects.
Will be responsible for the management of a public information program for OSDH.
The functions will vary but may include the following:
• Plans, supervises, and coordinates staff projects, including assessment of staff needs and assignment of work.
• Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with officials and agencies; maintains liaison with the media.
• Represents the agency at public programs, on official business and at professional conferences and seminars.
• Advises management on matters concerning agency's public image.
• Serves as a public information consultant to agency clients.
• Provides in-service training to staff.
• Develops and implements the marketing plan for a publication, regardless of media; develops budget for publication; evaluates sales and promotional programs; prepares contracts.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Plans public information programs and projects; prepares budget for the informational program; develops and implements special projects.
Positions in this job family direct a public information program for an agency and/or prepares and markets agency-generated publications.
The Public Information Manager job family consists of two levels of work which are distinguished by specificity of assignment.
At this level incumbents are responsible for the management of a public information program for an agency.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of a bachelor's degree in journalism, English or a related field and six years of professional-level experience in writing, editing, radio and/or television, public relations or serving as a public information manager; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Scores based on: 100% Evaluation of Education and Experience listed on the supplemental questionnaire.
***NOTE: Names of eligible applicants can be made available to State agencies upon their request, immediately following the closing date and time.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|