|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||3/24/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/7/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $70,000.00 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
OSDH is seeking a full time Data Coordinator providing support to the Dental Health Service Department. This is an unclassified position (PIN# 34003590) in state government, located in Oklahoma City, OK. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $70,000.00, based on education and experience.
To provide evaluation and data coordination skills, abilities, and knowledge for the Civil Monetary Penalty (CMP) funded project, OK Senior Smiles. Our major objective is to improve the quality of oral health among Oklahoma nursing home residents and therefore improve their quality of life through the coordination of data and the creation statistical reports.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and create required statistical and data driven documents for the CMP project: OK Senior Smiles
• Draft and Present Quarterly progress reports for Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), the State, and for the advisory group
• Perform in-depth research, analyze data and create technical reports, Fact Sheets, Educational materials about senior oral health. Data coordinator is also responsible to create visualizations of data to share with partners and decision makers, for nursing homes and stakeholders
• Coordinate, analyze and create visual representations of collected data for annual reports and final report
• Collaborate with Grant Coordinator and Registered Dental Hygienist in regard to surveillance activities, assessments, and data collection
• Collaborate with Grant Coordinator and Registered Dental Hygienist in methods to engage nursing home participation and feedback
• Determine and use appropriate statistical methods to evaluate and interpret data
• Determine methods to disseminate educational materials and findings about senior oral health
• Recognize the evidence-based public health strategies and the desired outcomes of project
• Participate in groups, such as meetings, coalitions, events, conferences, conventions, webinars, budget discussions, and project planning
• Disseminate non-technical reports, using plain language, for nursing homes and for the public
• Work with epidemiologists and evaluators from other service areas
• Work with OSDH Long Term Care service area
• Collaborate with the OSDH Office of Communication to reach public via media platforms to increase awareness of nursing home oral health issues
• Collaborate with nursing home staff to achieve program objectives
Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior. Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience
Master of Epidemiology, Biostatistics or Data Management and three years of related experience, or a combination of experience and education.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Data Coordinator should have a working knowledge of and experience with public health initiatives and dental public health.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Evaluator will need to travel occasionally to nursing homes and interact with nursing homes staff as appropriate for the success of the project.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|