A resume and cover letter must be submitted with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a trusted, credible partner that empowers employees to provide valued business expertise allowing customers to focus on their missions across state government. OMES provides financial, property, purchasing, human resources and information technology services to all state agencies, and assists the Governor’s Office on budgetary policy matters.
Our mission is supporting our partners through unified business services. The OMES mission requires a highly-qualified workforce committed to making government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving that mission takes team-oriented, solutions-driven professionals who understand the importance of partnering to achieve success.
OMES is seeking a full time Record Management Specialist. This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OMES offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here].The annual salary for this position is based on education and experience.
This position is assigned responsibilities for record and document management. This includes the planning, implementation and control activities to store, protect and access data found within electronic files and physical records (including text, graphics, images, audio, video, etc.)
• Coordinates the management of physical and electronically stored information (ESI) related record requests
• Supports multiple teams with eDiscovery planning, document/data collection and review, and search strategies
• Assists staff on how to effectively process data and utilize the system to make document (physical and electronic) review more efficient and cost effective
• Resolves issues resulting from ESI and records requests
• Coordinates delivery of data collection requests
• Recommends and assists with records/document management policies and procedures
• Maintains a solid understanding of the technical data structures
• Conducts technical evaluations and proofs-of-concept to evaluate software and hardware products from external vendors, and report on the same as a technical expert and advisor
• Ensures proper configuration management and change controls are implemented
• Provides technical assistance and cross training to other team members
• Designs and implements technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes
• Assists with the creation and maintenance of training curriculum (how-to, standards, and best practice)
• Creates a summary report of all activity and actions performed for ESI and record requests
• Ensures logging of all staff time and other costs associated with each request
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position works in a comfortable office setting with a computer and telephone for a large percentage of the workday.
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
Requirements include three years of experience in an information technology field or data management, or a two-year degree or certification in computer science, management information systems, data management or a related field.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.