|Department||Department of Veterans Affairs|
|Date Opened||3/17/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/31/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $32,825.58/year|
|Full or Part Time||
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities related to planning, organizing, directing and conducting individual and group leisure-time and physical education activities for ODVA – Lawton long term care facility.
• Plans, organizes and conducts various leisure-time and physical education activities, prepares scheduled events and insures that required equipment and other materials are in place.
• Plans and directs group activities aimed at developing appropriate group interaction behavior, a sense of team work and fairness, interpersonal communication skills and cooperation and ensures that order and discipline are maintained during recreation periods.
• Supervises, coaches and instructs indoor and outdoor team and athletic events.
• Teaches physical education, hygiene, sanitation and good personal habits.
• Participates in the maintenance, procurement and selection of athletic equipment, facilities, supplies and other materials for leisure-time activities and physical education programs.
• All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include knowledge of recreational, athletic and group work principles and techniques; of the fundamentals and rules of common sports; and of first aid treatment techniques. Ability is required to communicate orally; to conduct group activities; and to communicate effectively in writing.
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT OR FORMER PERMANENT, CLASSIFIED STATE EMPLOYEE, PLEASE APPLY TO THE “INTERNAL JOBS” LISTING HERE. DO NOT APPLY VIA THIS RECRUITMENT.
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities related to planning, organizing, directing and conducting individual and group leisure-time and physical education activities in a hospital, institution or school.
The Recreational Activities Specialist job family consists of three levels of work, which are distinguished by the depth and breadth of accountability, the expertise required to perform assigned duties and the responsibility assigned for providing leadership to others.
This is the basic level of this job family where incumbents are assigned responsibilities for performing beginning level work under close supervision, in a training status to build their skills in planning and conducting recreational activities.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of one year of experience in instructing/directing a community service or recreational program; or in closely related work; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Scores based on: 100% Evaluation of Education and Experience listed on the supplemental questionnaire.
***NOTE: Names of eligible applicants can be made available to State agencies upon their request, immediately following the closing date and time.