|Department||Department of Education|
|Date Opened||3/16/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/30/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
SCHOOL SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Office of School Support, Field position
A School Support Specialist facilitates the Continuous Improvement Cycle for Oklahoma public schools in alignment with the requirements of the United States Department of Education and the Oklahoma Consolidated ESSA Plan to build capacity and sustain change that positively impacts student achievement.
• Graduation from an accredited college or university with a master's degree (preferred) [official transcript(s) required];
• Experience as an instructional coach, principal, curriculum specialist, professional development provider and/or other leadership position;
• Possession of a valid standard teaching certificate;
• 10 years of educational experience;
• Knowledge of Special Education, English Learners, student academic achievement and family engagement preferred.
• Considerable knowledge of effective teaching techniques, methods and practices; trends and resources of information in educational instruction;
• Considerable knowledge and experience in English Language Arts, math, Special Education and/or science curriculum including standards and assessments; school improvement reform, intervention and evidence-based strategies implementation;
• Ability to share ideas, strategies and programs relating to instruction in order to improve student achievement;
• Ability to evaluate a situation and develop an effective course of action; to conduct needs-based in-service;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, school officials, the general public and the United States Department of Education;
• To express clearly and concisely the philosophies, practices and policies of the Oklahoma State Department of Education;
• Applicants must be willing and able to perform necessary job-related travel, in state and out of state;
• Knowledge of federal and state school laws, rules and regulations as they pertain to federal assistance programs, school improvement and the Oklahoma Consolidated ESSA plan;
• Conscientious commitment and willingness to provide professional, courteous, consistent, efficient service through the performance of the prescribed job duties;
Applicant must be able to multi-task and be well organized; to work and serve as a productive member of a team; collaborate and communicate in an effective manner; and to create, construct and revise necessary job-related documents.
• Knowledge of technology and software (Webinars, Interactive White Boards, Microsoft Office) and ability to use technology and software to maximize efficiency and services;
• Ability to use technology to examine plans of improvement, budgets and financial claims according to the policies and procedures of the Oklahoma Cost Accounting System.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
• Provide leadership for improved student achievement and instructional best practices;
• Recommend effective evidence-based intervention strategies to educators;
• Organize and conduct workshops to disseminate current ideas, methods, techniques and evidence-based intervention strategies to elementary, middle and secondary levels;
• Collaborate with members of the School Support Office and other OSDE departments on joint projects that provide support to schools designated as Comprehensive or Targeted Support and Improvement sites or who have been awarded a School Improvement Grant (SIG).
• Provide technical assistance, support and feedback to schools designated as Comprehensive or Targeted Support and Improvement sites or who have received a School Improvement Grant;
• Serve on multiple School Support Teams; assist with all other duties as assigned.
• Communicate with school districts and sites regarding School Improvement Plans, Budgets and Claims;
• Examine and process claims and revisions according to the Oklahoma Cost Accounting System;
• File federal school payments, payment notices and approved claims appropriately;
• Assist with reading and writing grants as assigned.
This position will work in the field with a home office and does not need to reside in the OKC metro area.
N (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this position
O (Occasionally) - Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) - Position requires this activity from 33%-66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5 hrs/day)
C (Constantly) - Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
10 lbs or less F
11-20 lbs F
21-50 lbs O
51-100 lbs N
Over 100 lbs N
Reach Outward O
Reach Over Shoulder O
Squat or Kneel O
Frequent travel to schools within the assigned service region. Some overnight travel may be necessary.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.