|Department||Board of Osteopathic Examiners|
|Date Opened||3/10/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||Based on education and experience|
|Full or Part Time||
Email a Resume, One-page description of your full-time investigative experience to include job title,
tenure within investigative division, and size of investigative division
and a complete copy of CLEET Training Record to:
Investigator- Oklahoma State Board of Osteopathic Examiners (Remote Position)
The Oklahoma State Board of Osteopathic Examiners Investigator works with minimum oversight to fully complete administrative investigations leading to the successful prosecution of The Osteopathic Medical Act violations; and other duties as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform a wide range of investigative duties and other duties as assigned
• Maintain necessary confidentialities and establish/strengthen both internal/external working relationships
• Investigate pertinent criminal and/or regulatory violations by, but not necessarily limited to:
• Gathering necessary information and evidence
• Analyzing all data and material obtained
• Conducting interviews and interrogations
• Drafting subpoenas, search warrants, probable cause affidavits, etc.
• Preparing reports and exhibits for regulatory enforcement
• Providing courtroom testimony in administrative proceedings
• Maintaining documentary case records, evidence files, and chain of custody
• Attend Board and Committee meetings to offer insight and ideas on current challenges
• Represent the Board at outside meetings as assigned
• Other projects as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Honorable, ethical, and trustworthy character; self-sufficient in the exercise of sound, independent judgment
• Strong reading comprehension skills and the ability to extract pertinent information from complex records, as well as related documents
• Excellent report writing skills, accomplished in the drafting of prosecutorial documentation with precise grammar, spelling, and sentence structure for clarity of expression
• Effective articulation and oral presentation skills when communicating technical information to board members, prosecutors, and lay audiences
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and related software programs; additional computer or program skills a strong plus.
• Ability to research and understand Oklahoma State Statutes as well as administrative rules and regulations of the Oklahoma Osteopathic Medical Act and Administrative Procedures Act.
• Expertise in all aspects of investigation through final prosecution; familiarity with criminal justice systems at local, state, and federal levels; maintain a network of personal/professional contacts.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university. A minimum of three (3) years of full-time investigative experience is required. Consideration may be given to additional years of relevant full-time investigative experience in lieu of educational requirements.
NOTE: Full-time experience in investigations is defined by previous title/roles and primary-duty assignment to actual investigative divisions. Inquiries and investigations incidental to patrol duties are not considered full-time investigative experience. Preferred candidates will be those candidates having experience at the investigative division level.
This is a commissioned Oklahoma Peace Officer position. The successful candidate MUST:
• Possess and maintain valid CLEET Basic Peace Officer certification or above.
• Be willing to travel as needed, both in and out-of-state, with or without notice
• Possess and maintain a valid Oklahoma driver’s license with a good driving record.
• Have no felony convictions or record of domestic violence.
• Pass all interview requirements and an extensive personal background investigation.
• Be proficient in “use of force” knowledge, the carry of firearms, and annual qualifications.
• Meet and maintain all CLEET continuing education requirements, including Mental Health
• Consistently demonstrate sound judgment during daily duties and emergency response
NOTE: This is position is being advertised for the Tulsa area.
Veteran's Preference Points apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.