|Department||Department of Transportation|
|Date Opened||2/26/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Full or Part Time||
This position is located in the Comptroller Division in Oklahoma City.
** This position requires a resume to be submitted.**
Position is assigned responsibility for directing the overall fiscal operations and accounting activities for an agency large in size and scope. Responsibilities include planning and directing financial accounting, budgeting, auditing, investments, cash management and other fiscal operations and functions. This includes directing staff activities in maintaining, analyzing and reporting financial accounting data, developing appropriate accounting systems, establishing necessary financial controls, approving various expenditures and obligations, planning and conducting internal and external audits, developing budget work programs and recommendations concerning appropriations, and similar functions.
• Plans, directs and coordinates fiscal operations and financial accounting functions or assists in the planning and direction of such functions.
• Develops accounting systems and procedures for recording revenues and expenditures; directs the maintenance of accounting records concerning appropriations or other revenues, payroll expenses, supply and equipment purchases, travel expenses, contracting costs, and other financial transactions.
• Plans and directs operational or financial audits and other reviews to insure financial accountability, insure compliance with established standards, and enhance agency operating procedures.
• Directs the preparation of financial statements and reports.
• Reviews and approves obligations and expenditures as needed.
• Establishes necessary fiscal controls to insure appropriate accountability for revenues and expenditures.
• Directs the review and preparation of budget work programs; reviews and approves agency budget requests and makes recommendations concerning the state budget.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and theories; of governmental accounting principles; of budgeting and auditing theories and techniques; of financial statements and reports; of accounting ledgers and journals; of cost accounting; of procurement laws and regulations; of computer technology related to accounting systems; and of supervisory principles and practices. Ability is required to direct the work others; to review and analyze financial records; to prepare financial reports and statements; and to communicate effectively; plus demonstrated ability to direct the operations of multiple units or sections involved in fiscal operations and financial accounting activities.
Education and Experience Requirements:
CPA Required; Bachelors degree in accounting, business, public administration or a closely related field and six years of experience in professional accounting or auditing or closely related work, including two years in a supervisory or administrative capacity, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one additional year of professional accounting or auditing experience for each year of the required education.
The Oklahoma Department of Transportation (ODOT) ensures that no person or groups of persons shall, on the grounds of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, retaliation or genetic information, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any and all programs, services, or activities including all employment practices. To request an accommodation, please contact the ADA/504/508 Coordinator at 405-521-4140 or the Oklahoma Relay Service at 1-800-722-0353.
Applicant must upload a copy of their Resume to their application submission. No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|