|Department||Office of Juvenile Affairs|
|Date Opened||2/20/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Full or Part Time||
Position is located at the Central Oklahoma Juvenile center in Tecumseh, OK.
Drug and Alcohol Pre-Employment and Pre-Placement Testing:
This position is a safety sensitive position as defined by 63 O.S. § 427.8 (K)(1)(i)(2) due to providing the maintenance of critical services and infrastructure. Therefore, those applicants testing positive for marijuana will not be hired even when in possession of a valid medical marijuana license
THIS RECRUITMENT IS OPEN TO CURRENT OR PREVIOUS PERMANENT CLASSIFIED STATE OF OKLAHOMA EMPLOYEES AND REINSTATEMENTS ONLY
The functions within this job family will vary by level, but may include the following:
• Installs, maintains and performs repairs on potable water lines, wastewater lines and a variety of plumbing fixtures, such as sinks, lavatories, toilet units, bathtubs, shower units, automatic flush valves, faucets, traps and natural gas piping.
• Maintains and performs plumbing repairs on laundry equipment, sterilization equipment, kitchen equipment, dairy equipment, cannery equipment and any other equipment utilizing potable water and waste disposal lines.
• Maintains and performs minor repairs on irrigation systems, water treatment plants and sewage plants.
• Interprets blueprints and written instructions concerning construction, alteration, maintenance and repair projects; prepares and submits time and material estimates for projects.
• Supervises the work of plumbing apprentices, maintenance repair technicians, laborers, patients and students assigned to the plumbing crew.
• Consults with engineers and suppliers on various system needs.
Must be able to pass background check and drug screening.
•Applicants must possess a valid Oklahoma Driver License at the time of employment and maintain a valid license while employed in this job family.
•Applicants must be able to successfully complete all training requirements for sole supervision of residents including, but not limited to first aid certification, CPR, and unarmed restraint training.
•Applicants must be willing and able to perform any/all job-related travel.
•Applicants must meet all required physical examination requirements as established and prescribed by the Office of Juvenile Affairs.
Duties require employees to stand and walk for prolonged periods and to have the ability to physically restrain residents using approved restraint techniques. Applicants must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities involving the installation, maintenance and repair of plumbing systems and related components in a state agency or facility.
The Plumber job family consists of four levels which are distinguished based on the complexity of work assignments, the expertise required to perform assigned duties, and the responsibility assigned for the supervision of others.
Level III :
This is the specialist level of this job family where employees are assigned responsibilities for performing advanced level independent work in the installation, repair and maintenance of plumbing systems and fixtures. This includes nonsupervisory positions where incumbents are regularly assigned to work alone or on an independent basis as the only plumber at an agency or facility with overall responsibility for planning and completing required maintenance and repair functions.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of active or inactive licensure as a Plumbing Contractor with the Oklahoma Construction Industries Board.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|