|Department||Department of Agriculture and Food and Forestry|
|Date Opened||2/14/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/29/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Starting Annual Salary $75,600.00|
|Full or Part Time||
Please email cover letter and resume to:
Kandi Batts at Kandi.email@example.com
Application deadline is February 29th 2020.
POSITION TITLE: Director (AEMS)
SALARY:$75,600.00 Annual Salary
LOCATION: Oklahoma City.
This position is responsible for the overall management of program and negotiates terms and conditions to assure all rules and program activities are met, develops Division policies, prepares the Division annual budget and work plans, and develops performance measures and performance reports. The Division Director plans, organizes and directs a statewide environmental program. This position coordinates the operation of the AEMS Division, which is involved in administering multifunctional environmental programs, including compliance monitoring and enforcement. The Division Director works with the Office of General Counsel on legislation, rules and manages the rule promulgation process. The Division Director supervises all AEMS staff. The AEMS Division is responsible for implementing the Federal Clean Water Act National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) program that was delegated to Oklahoma and is referred to the Agriculture Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (AgPDES) program, licensing and inspecting Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations & Swine Feeding Operations, Registered Poultry Feeding Operations, Registered Poultry Waste Applicators, Agricultural Compost Facilities, and citizen complaints.
• Performs advanced administrative work in the coordination and management of a statewide program involving statewide agricultural services.
• Responsibilities will include assisting in planning, coordinating and directing the work of a division in the delivery of program services and the enforcement of applicable state and federal laws.
• Assists in the development or amendment of laws concerning agricultural services and operations.
• Prepares reports concerning agricultural matters and concerns.
• May conduct enforcement and regular inspections and may assist environmental specialists in field.
• Issues final enforcement orders by ODAFF and assesses administrative penalties.
• Issues, denies, modifies, amends, renews, refuses to renew, suspends, places on probation, reinstates, or revokes licenses or permits, except for AgPDES Permits.
Education and experience requirements:
At this level include a graduate from an accredited four-year college or university with at least a bachelor’s degree in agronomy, plant and soil sciences, environmental, physical, natural, biological, geological or hydrological science, engineering, or closely related field with three years of experience in the agriculture industry and six years in a supervisory capacity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
At this level include knowledge of state and federal laws concerning agricultural production and environmental protection. Knowledge of various agricultural industry operations in the area of assignment, of supervisory principles and practices and the monitoring and surveillance techniques and to collect and analyze data. Ability to review penalty calculations and enforcement documents to ensure that the amount of the penalty for violations are consistent with the CWA Penalty Policy and timely and appropriate enforcement action is taken. Ability to manage programs and personnel, to supervise and direct the work of others, to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others, interpret state and federal laws, and to write and review technical reports.
• Possession of a valid Oklahoma driver's license is required.
• Must be willing to attend both in-state and out of state meetings, involving evenings, weekends and overnight stays.
• Must be willing and able to perform all job-related travel
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.