|Date Opened||2/13/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/20/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$2,429.35 - $4,251.42/month|
|Full or Part Time||
Taxpayer Services Representative, Level I, #672
LOCATION OF WORK:
Taxpayer Assistance Division/Telephone Bank Section, OK County.
MAJOR WORK DUTIES:
● Provide technical assistance to taxpayers;
● Review, audit and edit documents to verify computations and status;
● Review and process documents for correctness and conformity to state laws and rules;
● Review and analyze requests for information and clarification of laws, policies and procedures;
● Advise customers on matters related to the agency’s business operations, and provide other assistance as needed.
● Ability to sit, be on the phone, and wear a telephone head-set up to 8 hours/day
● Basic computer knowledge and the ability to learn new computer software
● Keyboarding skills
● Ability to communicate with a variety of customers
● Customer service techniques
● Verbal and written communication skills
● Respond to routine inquiries from taxpayers related to their Oklahoma income and business tax returns at our customer service desk. Interpret information found on internal tax systems, in forms, and in publications to accurately respond to customer inquiries. Provide tax forms.
● Have knowledge of current statute and rules as applicable to the agency mission.
The Oklahoma Tax Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities related to providing professional and technical services and assistance to taxpayers, and resolving questions and problems concerning state tax laws or agency policies and procedures to ensure that tax laws, rules, and procedures are interpreted consistently and that taxpayers are in compliance. They will analyze information presented to determine the nature of a problem, provide assistance in interpreting and applying tax laws, policies, and procedures, advise customers on matters related to the agency’s business operations, and provide other assistance as needed. They will also perform audits and adjustments to verify complete tax returns/documents and liabilities, examine and process legal documents related to various forms of business entities and activities, prepare correspondence, reports, and other material, and maintain various records and filing systems, including computer records, as required.
The Taxpayer Services Representative job family consists of four levels which are distinguished based on the complexity of the work assigned, the level of expertise required to perform specific job assignments, and the responsibility assigned for providing leadership to others.
This is the basic level of this job family where employees are assigned professional level responsibilities involving the completion and filing of less complex tax returns and documents related to all types of taxes. They will analyze business registrations and ensure that all appropriate tax accounts are established for the business entity. They will also advise taxpayers on a variety of laws, policies, and procedures concerning tax liabilities, due dates, required forms, and other matters, provide services to walk-in customers, respond to telephone inquiries, and prepare written answers to inquiries by mail or electronic media, as required. They will also provide assistance to customers in obtaining required publications and forms, as needed.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of a bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, public administration or a closely related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of experience in accounting, bookkeeping, tax revenue, customer service, auditing, or closely related work for each year of the required education.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.