|Department||Department of Education|
|Date Opened||2/13/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/27/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$55,000 - $60,000/year|
|Full or Part Time||
DIRECTOR OF ELEMENTARY PREK-5 MATHEMATICS
Office of Curriculum & Instruction, Oliver Hodge Building, Oklahoma City, OK
Lead Oklahoma educators in highly effective elementary PreK-5 mathematics education and facilitate the implementation of Oklahoma Academic Standards into every classroom.
• Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in elementary education [official transcript(s) required]
(master’s degree in elementary subject matter or a degree in educational leadership preferred);
• Possession of a valid teaching certificate in mathematics; and
• Experience teaching or coordinating the instruction of PreK-5 mathematics.
• Considerable knowledge of elementary cooperative learning activities, interdisciplinary and modern teaching techniques, methods and practices; of current trends and sources of information in the field of education, curriculum development in particular; of educational psychology; of federal and state school laws; of budgeting methods and procedures; of the principles of public relations.
• Complete understanding of the Oklahoma Elementary Math Specialist (OEMS) certification and ability to direct teachers through the process of becoming OEMS certified.
• Considerable knowledge of Oklahoma Academic Standards for PreK-5 Mathematics and the Oklahoma Math Curriculum Frameworks.
• Considerable experience in analyzing testing data and drawing conclusions from that data.
• Considerable knowledge of elementary math professional development strategies as well as implementation across the grade levels.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, Oklahoma teachers, local school officials and the general public; to express facts and opinions clearly and concisely and to judge a situation and adopt an effective course of action.
• Ability to analyze and synthesize the impact of policies in education.
• Knowledge of technology and the ability to use it to maximize efficiency and services.
• Conscientious commitment and willingness to provide courteous, consistent, efficient service through performance of the prescribed job duties.
• Applicants must be willing and able to perform necessary job-related travel.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
• Take the lead in the implementation of the Oklahoma Academic Standards for Mathematics PreK-6 grades; by recommending methods and instructional resources to PreK-5 mathematics educators.
• Maintain up to date knowledge of all SDE initiatives and goals, i.e. TLE, A-F grading system, STEM, 3rd grade reading (RSA).
• Collaborate/plan and implement large conferences and events as well as evaluate the effectiveness of said conferences.
• Continuously work on STEM initiative at the elementary PreK-5 levels with Executive Director and STEM team.
• Organize and conduct professional development in elementary mathematics.
• Lead/participate in mathematics-related activities, organizations, and initiatives at the local, state and national levels.
• Represent the agency as a presenter/speaker/leader for educators, business and community organizations, etc.
• Take the lead in the creation and implementation of PreK-5 elementary math goals.
• Collaborate with the Director of Secondary Mathematics, other curriculum directors and other agencies on joint projects including but not limited to PreK-12 Mathematics Initiatives, Presidential Awards for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching, student assessment, STEM, school improvement, and Math and Science Partnership Grants.
• Provide technical assistance in the implementation of Oklahoma's core curriculum and the Oklahoma State Testing Program in mathematics.
General office setting.
N (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this position
O (Occasionally) - Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) - Position requires this activity from 33%-66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5 hrs/day)
C (Constantly) - Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
10 lbs or less F
11-20 lbs F
21-50 lbs O
51-100 lbs N
Over 100 lbs N
Reach Outward O
Reach Over Shoulder O
Squat or Kneel O
20% Travel required with occasional overnight stays.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|