|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||2/11/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/25/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $49,000.00 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries. Duties and Position Responsibilities: Education and Experience Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
OSDH is seeking a full time Ryan White Case Management Coordinator providing support to the Sexual Health and Harm Reduction Service working out of the Oklahoma City location. This is an unclassified position (PIN 34002762) in state government. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $49,000.00, based on education and experience.
This position serves as the Coordinator for statewide HIV Case Management Services provided through the Ryan White Part B program. This position serves as the liaison for low-income, HIV-infected Oklahomans needing access to clinical and social services case management and other HIV-related services funded by Ryan White Part B.
• Improving the quality of statewide HIV case management services that link clients to Health Insurance Assistance, HIV Drug Assistance Programs, and other health care and support services
• Improving the quality of applications submitted to the Sexual Health and Harm Reduction Service (SHHR) by case managers for drug assistance, health insurance services, and home health care
• Assisting in the annual application renewal process for services
• Providing ongoing communication between low-income individuals living with HIV/AIDS and the SHHRS for enhancement of quality and access to the continuum of care
• Serving as the point of contact for clinical and social services case managers related to questions around income eligibility, care plans, acuity scale, utilization of third party pay sources, additional resources for services, referrals, and follow-up
• Providing technical assistance and training related to interpretation and utilization of the State of Oklahoma HIV Care Coordination Standards of Care
• Performing audits of client charts to ensure quality of case management services provision and documentation
• Provision of case management support to Practitioners providing care surrounding Ending the HIV Epidemic activities
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Requirements consist of a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work and a minimum 3 years of case management experience
Master’s Degree in Social Work and applied case management experience within the HIV field. Additionally, preference will be given to those Licensed in the field of Social Work.
• Knowledge of HIV/AIDS case management issues or work with other vulnerable populations
• Knowledge of various third party pay sources, health plans, copay assistance, COBRA, disability, Medicaid and Medicare
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of the Ryan White program and services
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Work is typically performed in an office setting with climate controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level, but also includes various public/community establishments used for training classes, presentations, meetings, and other required duties. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone. Applicants must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position.
Duties and Position Responsibilities:
Education and Experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|