|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||2/11/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/25/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$73,000.00 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
OSDH is seeking a full time Business Manager III providing support to the Internal Audit Department. This classified position (PIN#34002367) is in state government, located in Moore, OK. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Packet, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is $73,000.00 based on education and experience.
Understand Federal requirements, State Statutes & Dept. policies & procedures in order to examine on a test basis, evidence that the OSDH & its contractors complied with the directives above. Document the examination results in audit workpapers. Responsible for the supervision of other auditors on a regular and consistent basis to include assigning and reviewing work, providing training and planning and scheduling auditse evaluating performance, making recommendations on disciplinary actions, providing for employee development, and approving time.
The specific functions of this position vary, but may include the following:
• Obtains, analyzes, approves and appraises evidentiary data as a basis for an informed, objective opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system and the efficiency of performance of the activities being reviewed.
• Counsel OSDH staff & outside sources on proper procedures & practices to comply with Federal & State regulations & dept. policies & procedures as necessary.
• Assist in planning & organizing audit activities according to dollar threshold, assessed level of risk and/or management’s request. Assist in preparing & updating audit programs & procedures as necessary.
• Makes or assists in making oral or written presentations to management during and at the conclusion of the examination, discussing deficiencies, recommending corrective action, and suggesting improvements in operations and reductions in cost.
• Prepares formal written reports, as requested, expressing opinions on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system and the efficiency with which activities are carried out.
• Appraises, or assists in appraising, the adequacy of the corrective action taken to improve deficient conditions.
• Performs related work as required and assigned.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone.
Five (5) years of experience in auditing, Masters in Business, or CIA Certification.
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT OR FORMER PERMANENT, CLASSIFIED STATE EMPLOYEE, PLEASE APPLY TO THE “INTERNAL JOBS” LISTING HERE. DO NOT APPLY VIA THIS RECRUITMENT.
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities involving the supervision and management of business and support service activities of a state agency, institution or facility. This includes establishing and maintaining accounting procedures, fiscal reporting methods, procedures for payment of invoices and other expense vouchers, and other related activities. It may also include supervision of other business functions such as personnel, supply, procurement, and administrative services.
The Business Manager job family has three levels which are distinguished by the complexity of assignments and accountability for staff, budget and property, the size and scope of the agency, institution or facility for which responsibility is assigned, responsibilities for providing leadership to others and the level of expertise required to perform the duties assigned.
Employees at this level are assigned responsibilities for directing and supervising business and support activities for an agency, institution or facility which is large in size and scope. This includes those with 700 or more FTE, an operating budget of more than fifteen million dollars, or an average monthly client/patient census of 700 or more.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of a bachelors degree in accounting, business or public administration and one year of professional experience in business management, accounting, or procurement or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Scores based on: 100% Evaluation of Education and Experience listed on the supplemental questionnaire.
***NOTE: Names of eligible applicants can be made available to State agencies upon their request, immediately following the closing date and time.