|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||2/10/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/24/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $43,929.52 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries. Education and Experience Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Physical Demands and Work Environment
OSDH is seeking a full time Laboratory Assessment Coordinator providing support to the Sexual Health and Harm Reduction Service working out of the Oklahoma City location. This is an unclassified position (PIN 34003587) in state government. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $43,929.52, based on education and experience.
This position will be responsible for auditing the inflow and reception of HIV, STD, and hepatitis laboratory results in an effort to assess trends of received results and conduct quality assurance on these results. The position will follow up with individual laboratories when lags or delays are noticed in reporting or when inconsistent or questionable results are received. The position will also stay abreast of testing technologies and algorithms ran by individual laboratories. This position will also assist in review of ELR messages received in the on-boarding process. This position will serves as primary back-up to STD Statistical Research Specialist III, assisting with various analyses, reports, evaluations and quality assurance.
Duties and Position Responsibilities:
• Conduct a semiannual laboratory assessment to document laboratory capacity to run HIV, STD, and hepatitis related testing and ensure that SHHR service is receiving reports from all laboratories completing HIV, STD, or Viral Hepatitis testing in or for the state of Oklahoma.
• Provide in-person and phone consultation with health care professionals, community organizations, and laboratories regarding HIV, STD or Viral Hepatitis and reporting.
• Receives, reviews and compiles complex statistical data; compiles and edits data for accuracy and completeness.
• Prepares questionnaires and other forms for use in gathering and reporting data; applies statistical procedures and tabulations in analysis of data collected.
• Designs analytic and assessment tools which incorporate suitable statistical tests.
• Prepares and arranges statistical tables and charts for compilation into manuals, handbooks and reports.
• Analyzes and interprets data, using statistical research programs or other methods, and makes projections based on statistical inference.
• Analyzes a wide variety of management issues and recommends solutions to enhance program delivery.
• Prepares and submits grant applications for statistical programs following administrative guidelines.
• Plans program activities; prepares budget information for program area; supervises and trains personnel in the collection, processing, tabulation and analysis of data.
• Conducts studies and develops plans to determine availability and development of resources, facilities and services.
• Defines goals, objectives, criteria and standards of evaluation for comprehensive systems planning.
Bachelor’s degree which includes nine semester hours in statistics, statistical research methods, economics, demographic or social research statistics; plus two years of experience in technical statistical and research work or a master’s degree in a social science, business administration r public administration which includes nine semester hours of advanced statistical methods. Please submit a copy of your transcript with application.
• Knowledge of statistical and research theory and methods; of sources of data; of probability and sampling; of data processing applications to data management problems; and of visual representation of data.
• Ability is required to produce and maintain accurate data; and to write technical reports using statistical software programs.
• This candidate should have knowledge of inferential statistics and techniques of data collections. Must have the ability to communicate statistical results.
Combination of office, vehicle, and private and public establishments. May be exposed to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, toxic substances, and medicinal preparations. Varied activities including sitting, walking, stooping, lifting, bending, pushing, and reaching. Exposed to inclement weather conditions while driving to and from locations across counties. Work related travel required.
Education and Experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Physical Demands and Work Environment
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.