|Date Opened||2/6/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$7,000.00 - $8,750.00/month|
|Full or Part Time||
Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
*Indicate which particular position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
DIRECTOR OF TAX COMPLIANCE
Oklahoma Tax Commission – Oklahoma City, OK 73194
Salary $7,000.00 - $8,750.00/month
The Director of Tax Compliance will be accountable for directing and administering the programs and operations of the division including all field and office audit/collection programs, discovery projects and supporting agency administration.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by the Director of Tax Compliance. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills.
• Advanced knowledge of tax compliance, tax reporting, tax research and tax planning at the state and federal level.
• Direct and coordinate activities of the Sales Tax (Desk & Field), Individual Income Tax, Corporate & Franchise Tax and Gross Production Tax units within the Compliance Division.
• Administers through subordinate managers and supervisors the professional and technical work of the Compliance Division.
• Serves as a key member of the leadership team in developing tax compliance strategies, policies and legislation.
• Determines and implements policies, practices, procedures, priorities and work standards that impact the division, agency and state governmental operations to enhance revenue collections and efficiencies.
• Recommends improvements for internal controls related to tax compliance matters; implements a measurement and review process to ensure tax compliance controls are functioning as intended.
• Ability to effectively analyze workload, recommend and implement staffing adjustments.
• Assist the Executive Director and Chief Operations Officer with establishing and implementing goals and priorities for the division that are consistent with advancing the agency’s overall mission and vision.
• Must be able to represent the agency at local, regional and national meetings/conferences in a professional manner.
• Strong analytical skills to monitor and review workflow; ensure timelines are being met while following tax laws/statutes of the State of Oklahoma.
• Ability to interact in a positive manner with all levels of employees from frontline to upper management.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Tax or other business-related degree (or the equivalent combination of education and experience).
• CPA or advanced degree in taxation preferred.
• Ten plus years of professional experience in business or public administration, auditing and/or accounting preferred.
• Ability to prioritize tasks with competing deadlines.
• Strong analytical skills, critical thinking, attention to detail, effective verbal and written communication skills, sound judgment and decision-making.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint to develop briefings, presentations and reports and conduct data analysis.
Employment with the OTC offers benefits which include medical, dental, life, disability and vision insurance, medical and health care reimbursement programs, retirement plan, deferred compensation plan, paid holidays, and longevity payments. Employees are provided a benefit allowance to spend toward their benefits. Employees earn three weeks annual and three weeks paid sick leave in the first year of employment.
The Oklahoma Tax Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request