The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a trusted, credible partner that empowers employees to provide valued business expertise allowing customers to focus on their missions across state government. OMES provides financial, property, purchasing, human resources and information technology services to all state agencies, and assists the Governor’s Office on budgetary policy matters.
Our mission is supporting our partners through unified business services. The OMES mission requires a highly-qualified workforce committed to making government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving that mission takes team-oriented, solutions-driven professionals who understand the importance of partnering to achieve success.
OMES is seeking a full time Applications Developer that provides support to Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority located in Oklahoma City. This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OMES offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here].The annual salary for this position is $90,000.00 based on education and experience.
We are actively engaged in a large-scale cloud modernization effort using Microsoft technologies. As a team member, you will be engaged in several areas of application development with the focus being a shift to the cloud using the latest technologies where possible. This medium sized team is supported by business analysts and solid project management and is responsible for planning and development of automated applications systems to support the business needs of the organization. This includes review and analysis of user functions and activities, evaluation of available resources and current systems, and the development and testing of appropriate programs or systems. This position works with users, management and others to identify and define long- and short-range information systems requirements.
• Review and analyze organization’s business needs, confer with users to evaluate requirements, discuss solutions, and develop plans of approach, including project completion time estimates
• Perform all aspects of systems design, including writing required programs, testing time evaluation of new processes, and implementation of new applications
• Conduct or coordinate user acceptance, performance stress, regression and integration testing, and make changes and corrections as needed
• Develop process/system design alternatives for major portions of systems under analysis
• Design output formats and user formats as dictated by user specification and established procedure to ensure ease of use and functionality
• Identify problems and develop appropriate solutions
• Produce deliverables related to the assigned projects, perform analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of systems and procedures to solve complex business problems
• Prepare program documentation to support new or enhanced systems and applications
• Participate in structured walk-throughs and other activities to review systems, and provide training and support
• Perform ongoing maintenance and review of applications systems and programs
• Study feasibility of proposed software applications or system modifications by identifying potential requirements and system restrictions to guide project development
Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position works in a comfortable office setting with a computer for a large percentage of the work day. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild. Occasional travel may be required.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess:
• Solid understanding of design patterns
• Experience in Azure DevOps and cloud application development
• Experience with agile development methodologies
• Experience with Web Services, SOA
• Experience in responsive development in .NET and TSQL/PLSQL development
• Experience in developing reporting tools in .NET utilizing Microsoft Reporting Services
• Solid experience in team/enterprise source control platforms to include DevOps
• Experience with Developing high-level and detail design specifications
• Experience with multiple versions of .Net frameworks with an emphasis on Core and SQL databases
• Experience with Performing requirements gathering, analysis, and specification
• A Passion for technology and knowledge